Part 19

A complete stranger can have the capacity to alter the life of someone they love

A complete stranger can have the capacity to alter the life of someone they love... A complete stranger could force their way into someone's life, opening new feelings. Feelings such as love. But, what is love?  Is it a thing that could be obtained? Is it sent from heaven to protect and hold? Or is love an action?

After a ten-hour shift of working in a retail department, Rachel decided to visit a local college. She had a passion for making her own clothing and wanted to create her own business. That passion had driven her into seeking a business degree. The year, in which, she agreed to take a year off from school was almost up and she was thrilled to finally start the next chapter in her life. Davis and Rachel had a mutual agreement that they would focus on their new marriage for a year before committing to full-time schooling. 

The only thing Rachal was looking forward to was going back to a clean home and the man she loved. Yet, as she pulled up to the house she shared with her husband, Rachel saw several cars in the driveway. Trash littered the front yard and unknown people scattered about. She was familiar with Davis's crew, yet she didn't recognize these people. Circling the block, she parked down the street before walking to the house. 

The smell of marijuana hit her lungs as she pushed the front open. She held the study materials and books closer to the chest. The further Rachel walked into the house, the more her frown deepened. Pizza boxes scattered the tables, white powder substance decorated freshly cleaned floors, and tables.  Biting her inner cheek, she observed a female snorting the substance from the neck of another woman. 

Rachel's heart rate quickened, her palms began to sweat, and her thoughts went back to that time. That same time she fought so hard to forget. She slammed the books on the coffee table before marching over to the woman. 

"You need to leave!" Rachel yanked the woman's arm.

The woman giggled as her low eyes met Rachel. "What's wrong, sugar plum? You want some? Here." She held a needle with a brown liquid to Rachel's face. 

It was as if Rachel was in a trance. The only thing she could hear was the blood pumping through her veins. The woman giggled again, taunting her. 

"Get out!" Rachel screamed at the top of her lungs. Now! Before I call the people your so afraid of! Get! Out!" She marched to the stereo and pushed it to the floor.  The sound startled Davis as he finally made his appearance. 

When Rachel's eyes finally met Davis, she found a woman clinging to his arm. She was shorter than Rachel, thick with a little attitude on her. 

"Who is she?" The woman laughed. She eyed Rachel and smirked. "Whoever you are, can you be loud somewhere else?"

"Who am I? I'm the wife that's going to fuck you up!" Rachel yanked the woman by her twenty-inch weave and dragged her to the front door. She used most of her strength to push her, making her fall. "The rest of you have ten seconds to get the fuck out of my house before I call the cops. Three. Four."