Chapter 11: Dinner Time

Y/n's POV

The car ride going to the hotel and casino nearby the airport was real quiet. No one ever spoke a word and the atmosphere sure got real awkward. I noticed how mom was looking at Gojo intently through the rear view mirror . Glaring at him like daggers that pierce through anything and Gojo was avoiding her gaze. Visible sweat trickling down from his neck. I sighed and looked out the window. Whatever happens to them in the past doesn't bothers me but something tells me it will in the near future. "Sensei I wouldn't be allowed in the casino right?" Yuuji points at himself.

"Of course you are not allowed inside the casino. You're only 15 Yuuji-kun." I could see the small sulky pout he gave. That was a rather cute view I thought to myself. "Don't worry dear, I'll handle it." Mom reassures Yuuji. "You are also part of the conversation we will be having later." I faced mom with doubt. "Mom it's against the law and what could you possibly do for him to be allowed to come in?" I asked. How can she make Yuuji pass those two bouncers standing left and right, guarding the casino's entry. "Watch and see darling. I have something up my sleeves." The doubt still resides in my mind.

The cab stopped in front of the entrance gate of the location mom and her husband would be staying for a little while. "Let's have dinner shall we?" Hideki-san approached the restaurant first to inform the desk about our reservation. Walking in after him, gazes were on us since we are the newest ones who have come to dine in here. Not that I mind the staring but it's a little bit uncomfortable from time to time. We've followed the waiter to the table reserved for us. The first that came to mind is how come it has only four chairs. "Shouldn't it be five chairs since we're five?" I questioned. I faced mom and she was completely smiling.

"Oh sorry I forgot they're five of us. Silly me, I must be getting old." She covered her mouth with a hand. A sly demeanor on her squinching eyes. "My apologies Mr. Gojo. I've completely forgotten." That was a lie, she did that on purpose for fun. Gojo was completely pissed. Though with a half smile contradicting his reaction. "Is that so." Hideki-san sighs and calls for the nearby waiter. Orders the waiter to get another seat for Gojo and the problem was completely solved. Mom can be a handful sometimes and I've wondered how me, possibly my biological father and Hideki-san had the patience for that. She may be childish at times, but she's wiser than most of us you could ever gain in a life time.

We all sat, Hideki-san at the head, mom and yuuji facing each other then  Gojo and I also in the opposite sides. Mom and I are on the left side while Yuuji and Gojo were on the right side sitting together. Food was taken care of. Waiters placed exquisite cuisines and fine wine on the table. For the time being everyone acted normal. Just all of us eating dinner but then after that well- "Fufufu..." Laughter ringing on our ears. We all looked at the direction of Yuuji. Forming on Yuuji's right cheek was Sukuna's eye and mouth. Yuuji, Gojo and I can see him after all with mom as an addition earlier but Hideki-san stopped his fork with the steak midway. " R-Ryomen Sukuna!" Sukuna smirked at the sound of his name.

People started to stare at us for a moment but briefly tend to their business like nothing happened. "You must be Sukuna's vessel, am I correct?" Hideki-san asks the question to the fifteen year old  pink haired male. "Yes." This is all too confusing, firstly mom can see him then Hideki-san as well?! Does that mean- "Mom I want an explanation coming from you. I am completely confused." I've said it. I've truly let out what I've wanted to ask since at the airport. There was to much question marks surrounding me that I can't take it anymore. "What am I? What are you?" I gaze upon Hideki-san. "And what are you?" Mom sighs as she let her back lean on the backrest of the chair she's sitting in.

Hideki-san maintain his calm nature though he slightly freaked out about Sukuna's appearance earlier. "Let's not talk this here. We're still at the middle of having a nice dinner." Mom calmly said which was unusual of her to be the first to calm down. Tension slightly lowers, sort of on the surface but deep inside we knew we'd have to hurry the dinner phase and more into the interrogation later. After dinner, one by one we stood up and head out of the restaurant. I felt the need of going to the restroom. While on my way, walking in the straight hallway to the restrooms. I turned a quick left, someone pulled me aside. "Sensei are you alright?" I blinked twice that voice- "M-Megumi? And Toge-kun?" I can't believe my eyes right now. "Kelp." He greets.

"What are you two doing here?" Megumi and Toge-kun were both looking left and right, assuming the cost was clear they both looked at me with full seriousness. "We're here for another mission. Nanami sensei informed us something might happen here. Maki-senpai and the others are outside on the look out." Megumi explains. "Salmon." Toge affirms. "Nanami sensei?" Who is he? That was a new name I haven't heard. "Sensei, if something were to happen later. I need you to do this." He gave me a flare gun. It looks like a toy but it's the real deal alright. " Salmon cod roe." Toge points ahead. "Sensei, fire that gun if something happens so we could take action." Still not clearly getting what's this whole thing is about. I nod my head. Giving them a sign of saying I'll do it. I have full trust on my students. I know I can trust them on what they are about to do once I fire this gun.

Both of them went far away from me. "What is going on?" I asked myself then the need to relieve myself activates and still I went to the restrooms anyway. After that I proceed to go to the casino. Drowsy, love struck bouncers wobbly greeted me with kind smiles. An unusual way of greeting someone like me. An unknown new guest like me who might even be a possible threat. I entered the place like I drink water, that easy. A few feet away, I could clearly see them on a green matted table full of chips and gambling cards. "Sit down Y/n." Mom patted the seat close to her. I sat down and picked the cards in front of me. "Let us begin."

"Satoru Gojo, I want to hear the full story." Mom orders the blindfolded man beside me. "I've obeyed your request to let my dear sit beside you. Now do mine." Gojo smirks while he shuffles his cards at random. "How should I put this...as I told you, the culprit to awaken their awareness of curses was him." He points at the now transformed Sukuna. You'd know when Yuuji and Sukuna switches, marks would appear every part of Yuuji's body. "Fufufu...It wasn't my fault. If only they were a little late to come home. We wouldn't have crossed paths and I could've enjoyed killing everyone on sight while I roamed the city." He glanced, our eyes connected. "Is what I like to say, but now...I'm intrigued."

"Sukuna, I'm warning you. Lay a finger on them and I swear to you I'd-" Mom was caught of by his sadistic laugh.
.
.
.
.

"You'd what?"