Chapter 21: A Bad Nightmare, A Bad Omen?

Y/n's POV

The sun has finally shown its full glory. Shining ever so bright. Its rays passing through my window pane. Getting up from a  not-so-good slumber. I sat right up and scrub off the morning stars and yawns as I do so. The door opens with a creak and a familiar sight of a blindfolded tall white-haired man went inside my room. "Good morning." He greets me first. "Good morning to you too," I respond, more like a croaked sound of my voice since my voice is light in the mornings. "I see you didn't have a good night's rest." He knows as it is obvious, bags under my eyes were forming. "Yeah, too much as happened yesterday. How can you not have nightmares." You confess. At least it was briefly interrupted by- well surprisingly the selfishly arrogant Sukuna himself, the King of curses who do as he pleases. He went into my subconsciousness and pulled me out of that wretched nightmare as he scolds me about how annoying the whimpers I let out of my mouth. I find it quite cute how he doesn't do anything reckless when it involves me. He may think that I don't know but I'm not some insensitive idiot who doesn't see the obvious.

《Flash back》

Lurking in the shadows, glowing red and purple eyes were everywhere that I couldn't even manage to count all of them. As their voices buzzing in my ears. I was blinded by the darkness. I couldn't see anything, nor do I know where I was going. But I know, I could feel the cursed spirits were surrounding me. Ready to pounce at me at any given moment altogether. So they could see me trapped and helpless. Still, I managed to walk on a straight path until I heard water splashing. I was walking on water right now. Still continuing to walk, feeling the water rising as I go further into nothing. The water reached into my thighs and it was freezing cold that my legs shook from the cold.

"Sensei..." a faint voice reached my ear, it's faint that I couldn't even make out which students call for me. With curiosity in mind, I didn't mind the water rising every step I make. A spot of light in the middle views a precious student of mine. "Nobara-chan!" I yelled. She hears my voice and turns to me.

To my horror, I saw her cheeks drenched in blood. The blood that had come out from- her eyeless sockets?! "S-sensei help me!" She screams hysterically as she extends her hand up. Struggling to get away from what's dragging her underwater. "Save me!" Unconsciously, my legs and arms started to move on their own.

I was scared yes, but the will to save my student was stronger than the fear itself. I swam straight to her as I hear her screeches. Screeching at the top of her lungs as she could. The entity which drags her forcefully was being more aggressive as I drew near. Reaching her hand, she was then successfully pulled underwater. "No!" I tried to follow where that thing took her but to no avail as the spot of light fades away.

I failed! I failed as a teacher! A traumatic experience that I'd never wanted to happen.

"What a failure..."

"A disgrace!"

I covered my ears. It wasn't my fault! Or was it? Stop! I don't want to hear these coming from all of you! "Sensei..." A heard a male voice. "M-Megumi..." I saw my student's two feet. Blood was dripping from the top, I averted my eyes. He was there, hanging by a hand of a huge toad. Ready to crush his skull at any minute, nearly dying. He was blooded up, fully bruised as well.

"You should have listened, you fool. Now face the consequences!" The old giant bellowed. "Sensei don't listen. You did the right thing. To never team up on with the likes of them." Megumi counters the toad's words. The toad mercilessly crushed his head. Blood splattered across the area. While specks of his blood landed on my cheek. The toad chuckles vibrate as I was shaken by the fact that another student of mine had just died before my eyes. "Why the hell did you do that?!"

Anger was written in my voice. I was pissed that I never did anything. I just stood there seeing my student suffer from this geezer's hand. I was still shaking, I can't deny that fact but I can't avoid being furious either. He chuckles even more. "Damn stupid old toad." Full of rage my body changed into the same size as the Toad's but forms into a different type of species, a fox, with areas three tails at the back. I started growling at the old bastard.

"You look just like your dying mother." He said. "Such immense power and a big sense of pride like every fox spirit should possess."

"Dying?!"

Turning back, I  saw with my own two eyes, the corpse of my dying mother laying in the pool of her blood. She coughs some more as blood splattered l over her face and chest. "That woman never listens to everything I say. Such a pity, she was a huge help for me in the past on my plan for world domination but it's not to late now. Join me and my cause."

"Hey wake up... Wake up I say!" I felt a hand lightly slaps my cheek. My eyes opens, wide awake. "Hah...hah..." The rhythm of my breathing wasn't stable. I looked at the side of my bed. I sat right up and saw Yuuji- no the body has marks on them. "Sukuna?" He looks at me, annoyed. With his hands to his chest then he sighs, a heavy one. "I was peacefully doing something of deep importance until I heard you whimpering like a baby." He continues. "I was just curious, I didn't intend to wake you up and suffer less on your little nightmare you were having."

Though I sense a lie coming from that mouth of his. "Well thank you for unconsciously do the right thing." I gave him a genuine warms smile. "As I've told you, it wasn't my intention." He said. "I still want to thank you even if it wasn't your intention."

"You are a weird one." -Sukuna

"I know."

《End》

"We can't avoid that can we?" He took the chair away from the table and placed it in front of me. He then sat on it, his chest leaning on its backrest. "If we could turn back the clock. Do you wish you'd never known this side of the world?" He continues. "This side of reality?" He asks you a theoretical question. Deep in thought, I've also wondered about that sometimes but my answer is always like this. "What happens, happens and I wouldn't change what course I took on life and what actions I have made. I wish to live a life without any regret." He placed his chin on his hands. "Does that mean you've never regret on knowing me?" He asked. "Certainly not!" I yelled then put a hand on my mouth to shut me up as Gojo gave me a smirk. "Mornings are always good huh?" I was still blushing, never died down. "Mornings such as this are better." I blushed even harder, damn it. "Actually there is one regret I have from you. Not your existence but your cocky attitude." I remarked. "Ouch, it went through the heart but at least I'm not all that am I?" He asked. "Yes not just that, you are a menace in this world." You teased. "Then I will be the only menace in your world." He starts to flirt. "Hey! No flirting in the morning. " I threw a pillow at him. "Ah, ah cute stuff. You can't hit me." The pillow drops to the ground in front of him as he activates limitless.