Chapter 25: Better safe than sorry

Y/n's POV

It's been three days, three whole days that Gojo is strictly keeping a close eye on me. He was true to his words of keeping me safe from the elders' decision of execution or an attempt assassination. Any means possible just to dispose of me. Never leaving my side. He also insists that he sleeps in the same room too yesterday. Bringing a futon along with him but then suggests that he sleep beside me in bed. Insisting to get in and lay his futon on the floor as I block his path. I made him realize that if something were to happen inside my room. He could just open the door and get inside because his room is just right beside mine. "Are you sure it's ok for you to come along with me?" I asked him for the second time around today. We were walking at a slow pace. Approaching the entrance of the mall with my mom along. My mom suggests we go shopping as she was getting bored of staying inside the hotel suite while she waits for her husband to come so late. Missions and previous ones were catching up on Mr. Ito. He needs to get the remaining missions and newer ones done.

"Why are you tagging along with my child?" Mom was not fond of the idea of him also here while we shop. "Don't you have other things to do or go somewhere else of high importance?" She wouldn't shoo him away if only she knew about my condition. That the elders have decided that I put into eternal sleep just like previously with her situation. "Well, I do need to buy some things." He makes an excuse just to tag along. He wasn't gonna budge on leaving us alone. I was the one who decided that my execution be kept secret from my mom. She may be the reason for my existence and the one who gave this power to me. But as a child who loves their mother so much. She does not need to know and be a worrywart all the time. "I don't know why you're always close with my child but mark my words Gojo Satoru. If I ever catch you getting inside their pants. I'll rip that precious jewel of yours into shreds. Say your deepest apologies for the unborn children you could have produced in the future." She warns her not to touch me which made me laugh inside. Gojo was trembling in fear of thinking his down there taken off. "I promise I wouldn't lay a single hair on your child." He promises. Raising his left hand. Which makes it even funnier that my laughter got out of hand.

"Mom it's not like that." You held your laughter and shook your head from side to side. "We're not going out. We're merely just friends. He may seem like a flirt and well, he flirts a lot but we're friends. Nothing intimate going on." Though I was also skeptical of my answer. Till the day we met, he announced something that made me doubt what I have to out to my mom just now.

"Now that you've seen what I have always view the world. It's not a problem anymore for you and me to go out and date."

He also didn't clarify what we are in the first place. I have mostly assumed that we are labeled as agreeably close friends but the way he stares and flirts means something far more than that. "Really?" My mom senses me half lying. I nod my head to push it further that I'm telling the truth but still the doubt clouds my mind. "Really," I responded firmly as an addition that I was not fibbing or I hope I didn't. She sighs and stares at me straight in the eye. "Still I'm just warning you. Love a person that has the worth and time for it. Don't give that away to people that would never cherish you." She held my hand and squeeze it lightly then softens her hand on mine after. "Yes mom, I will gladly follow your guidance," I assured her of that. She beams a smile. She suddenly whispers something that made me giggle. She took me far away from the blindfolded white-haired. "Let's make a run for it and hide away from him." My mom drags me along as we scurried off. "Hey wait up!" Gojo yells behind us. Mom and I both laugh as we ran away from him. People at the mall were looking at us but we didn't mind.

As I was running I bumped into somebody with a broad chest. "L/n sensei?" I drop onto the ground, my knees plastered on the cold surface of the mall's white tiled floor. "What are you doing here?" I lifted my chin to recognize familiar spiky pink hair with two closed extra eyes beneath open ones standing in front of me. "Yuuji-kun?" I was puzzled by him being here at the mall then I suddenly remembered that today is a weekend and undoubtedly the kids his age would be in here too. Hanging out and buying something they want."Ahh, a fascinating sight to behold from simply woken up in deep slumber. How pleasant seeing you kneeling before me. Submitting to me as you should." One eye and a mouth appeared on Yuuji's cheek. It was Sukuna, relishing everything he observes. I felt somehow annoyed but something inside me does feel some type of way. "Here sensei let me help you." Itadori offers a hand and I got a hold of his. He assisted me to stand on my two feet again. When I took my hand away. I felt all disturbed and acknowledged glinting saliva in my palm. I heard a profound chuckle and I felt like I'm about to blow up in anger. He dares licks my palm after he annoyed me?! Seriously?! Who does that?! He just had to piss me off.

"Itadori get back here!" Nobara-chan's voice was loud enough to hear even though she was still walking towards us at top speed. When she got to us, she yanked Itadori's ear. "I told you to help me with the bags!" She was mad at him for ditching her to carry shopping bags. "Ouch cut it out! I also told you I'll go somewhere to check something out! Fushiguro was with you. Why not let him carry for the time being!" Itadori pleads for her to let go off of his ear. "That stuck-up emo idiot also abandon me. You two are so hopeless!" She let go of Itadori's ear as she crosses her arm to her chest. She then realized that I was standing in front of them witnessing all the drama. Nobara blushed and bowed at a 90-degree angle. "I'm so sorry sensei! I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings please forgive me!" I was about to say that it was alright but I gave attention to the bickering at the back. It was mom and Gojo that were squabbling. "Let's make a deal then." My mom proposes. "I see that you don't want to leave me and my child be so we're going to have a little contest." When my mom proposes something like her contests. She knows she would succeed and effortlessly be the victor.

"Deal. What is it?" Gojo felt challenged. Fired up by my mom's little game of hers. She grins, a hint of mischief in that grin of hers. "Rock-paper-scissors. Just one round and if you succeed to defeat me. You get to stick around with us. If you lose, walk away and exit the mall. Got it?" Without hesitation, he agrees with a smug smirk on his face. This man does not know what it means to be cautious. "I thought you'd like to fight one on one. But I doubt you'd want that considering you were always an impatient old lady." He put a little insult at the end. My mom glares at him for emphasizing the word 'old'. She does not want to be reminded of her age. "Game on Gojo Satoru!" She grumbled. "Rock-paper-scissors shoot!" They both exclaim in unison. A small crowd of people took a glance at us because of their yelling. Oh brother, how embarrassing.