Chapter 22: Death Sentence

Y/n's POV

Teachers were requested to be present in the meeting held at the principal's office. That's what I've heard from Gojo when he came to my room. I wonder what's it all about? Now I'm kind of nervous about what's the important topics of the meeting would be. Would I get fired for something I did? It sucks if I did, it's my first job after all and this job never gave me any headaches like going on to interviews, asking a lot of questions then after that being nervous if I passed or not and stuff like that. I didn't even need to job hunt for this. It just came out naturally for me, the job I mean. I finally stepped out of my room. I wore the fanciest outfit that I could find in the closet right now. A lousy fashion won't do in a first impression on my other colleagues as I step into the room. I can't have that and I won't tolerate being lousy. I walk steadily going to the principal's office. I tried to act as confident as ever.

Then a familiar spiky undercut styled pink-haired male walks in front of me going to the other side of the corridor. With him is the dyed orange-haired girl of the trio. They both stop as they notice me walking in a straight direction. "Wow... sensei where are you going?" Nobara asked. While Yuuji looks at me up and down. I mean both him and her. They just can't help it, could they? Shamelessly checking their teacher out. "Eyes on me darlings." You snap your fingers at them both. "Sorry..." Teenagers and their hormones. I chuckled a bit as I've seen another side of two of my students. "I'm going to Principal Yaga for a meeting." You answered her question. "Oh, thought you and Gojo sensei decided to have a date out of campus." Yuuji thought. I blink twice, a date? "Why would we have a date?" You asked him. "You and he aren't dating?" Nobara asks, really confused at this point. "No, when did you get that idea?" Now I'm the one who's also confused. "I don't know, it was just a hunch. You and he would always flirt with each other. Whether you both knew it or not. But I guess you both don't know how both your body languages are." She continues as Yuuji agrees at the side. "Anyway, good luck with the meeting sensei. We'll be hanging out in Fushiguro's room. See you later." They both waves a hand at me and walks away to their destination. Were my eyes deceived or did I see an eye and a mouth just sprouted in his hand while he waves?

I shook away the thoughts and focused on going to the principal's room. My steps were awkwardly making those clicking sounds as my heels hit the marble floor. Echoing through the corridor as I walk. Seeing the brown wooden door, I twisted the numb, opening the door in the process. All eyes were on me. I saw the principal at the middle of the table, then Nanami-san to his right side, followed by Ieiri-san. There were two available seats on the left side and at the opposite end of the principal. I scan the surrounding once more as I walked inside, at a slow pace so I could view everything. Where is Gojo? I thought. When the door closes behind my back I felt a hand grabbed my wrist.  With instinct, I pulled it away from whoever it was and was supposed to hit him with a punch. Luckily I stopped myself before I could bruise this blindfolded idiot. "Stop playing pranks Gojo. We're here for an important meeting." Principal Yaga scolds him. "Ok sorry." He sticks his tongue out as he scratches the back of his head lightly. "Stupid, I could've punched you in the nose." I glared at him. "I figured you'd quickly take action so I activated limitless before pranking you." He uttered as if he was so smart to think it thoroughly. "Wow so smart Gojo sensei, may your students see you as a great example," I uttered in a mocking tone with a matching clap as well.

He was about to laugh loud but he realizes that we're in the middle of starting a meeting. There was supposed to be another teacher to come but he's on a mission right now. We both took a sit, he was next to the principal while I sat beside him. "Now let's start, tell me all the details Nanami." He requested. "I may be the one who handled the team but I wasn't able to infiltrate the building first so I don't know what Suguru Geto wants this time." He explained. While Nanami explains himself, Gojo's sneaky hand tapped my lap. He thought I didn't notice that but unfortunately for him, I did. So I glared at him and he just smirks at me innocently, the nerve. I tapped his lap for payback but he also would tap mine after. We each took a turn tapping ones lap. Never missing an opportunity for any of us to double-tap and be equal. "Ok then, explain Gojo." We startled by the principal's voice. We were cut off goofing around in our own little world as Principal Yaga wants him to state everything that happened that day. "They want Sukuna of course and an additional baggage." He placed his hands on both my shoulders. "They want them to come along and possibly persuade Mrs Ito, their mother also."
Principal Yaga nods, understanding their motive.

"I also did some work on the sidelines." He took out the smallest recorder that anyone could mistake it was junk that was just thrown off by anyone. He then played the recorder for us, the voices came rushing out of it. "Is that the elders?! Have you lost your mind Gojo?!" Principal Yaga ticks off. "I may or may not have lost my mind. But they are now hot on their heels. They want Y/n executed and I can't have that." He was upset beyond belief, crossing his arms on his chest while he leans on the comfy chair. "I've never understood why they're so afraid of changes. As if they could control everything even though they are one step closer to death's door-" He was caught off by the principal. "Stop that, be professional Gojo. We are still in on a form of a meeting." He reprimands him for talking trash on the elders which Gojo was spitting out facts not gonna lie. "Fine." He breaths, raising both hands up in the air in defeat. Agreeing to calm down and let the meeting go on its course. "Now that we know Y/n has been written down on the execution list. We don't have any clue who the elders would bring to execute them or when could they be executed. Gojo you know what to do, keep a sharp eye on them, do as you wish. Y/n and Itadori are now your responsibility." He told Gojo. "Don't worry, They're safe only in my care." He chimed in. "Don't treat me like I need your full attention. I'm not that weak." I'm a fox spirit for goodness sake. Known for past and the present and unto the future of possessing terrifying power.

"Besides, it hasn't been confirmed that I could die just yet, I may be immortal." I boast about having to live for a thousand years. "But still vulnerable, they could still let you die. You are immortal in the sense that you could live a thousand years. IF you could, that is."

"I'll make that happen, watch me." I challenge him. He smirks at me in response. "With my help of course."

"Without it." I teased back. "You're still my responsibility."

"And did I agree?" I asked.

"It was an order from the principal himself." - Gojo

"That wasn't an order, that was a reminder. You put your life on the line for Itadori and me." Now I was the one who had to cross my arms to my chest. "And I'd do that a second time when the opportunity strikes."

"You're such a masochist you know that?" I was about to flick his head but I remembered he has limitless activated. "You want me to be one? I mean I'm down." I blushed beet red by it. "Stupid not in that way." I shook my head, dirty-minded idiot. "What?" He asked innocently. "Ehem quiet down love birds, you two realize that there are still people here right?" Ieiri-san coughs to get out attention. Now my cheeks are redder that it's impossible that no one will turn a blind eye to it. "Sorry..." You apologize while Gojo just chuckled softly.