24

Seokjin watched the prince as he danced with yet another female consort. His chest ached seeing Jungkook's arm around another. But he was powerless to do anything about it. He was a nobody, just another faceless servant of the monarchy while Jungkook was the crown prince.

Seokjin walked around with his tray, serving the guests with ample supplies of wine and hors d'oeuvres. He was waiting tables at this event that both he and Jungkook had so painstakingly put together over the past month.

Jungkook had wanted Seokjin to be a part of the main events but he had declined, not wanting to be at the forefront of the many guests and celebrities that attended. Seokjin was still very wary of being in the spotlight after his much publicized date with the prince.

Yet another beautiful woman found her way toward Jungkook and Seokjin watched as he gracefully accepted her hand to waltz round the room with him. Seokjin set down his tray and took his allotted ten minute break. He needed to get out of that hall or he would probably make a fool out of himself.

He walked out to the garden behind the domestic kitchens and sighed heavily thinking on the day that JungHwa had caught him and Jungkook kissing.

* * *

6 year old JungHwa rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and watched as his appa paced in front of him. He looked nervous for some reason while the prince sat beside JungHwa, a small but nervous smile, played on his lips. He turned his attention back to his appa who was now wringing his hands.

"Appa, tell me what's happening please. Why are you so worried? And how did we come here?" JungHwa looked around at his plush surroundings and folded his body onto itself. This action did not go unnoticed by Jungkook, who frowned but let it go for the moment.

Seokjin stopped pacing and stared at his son. His eyes moved to Jungkook. They had a look of pleading in them. Jungkook realized how stressed Seokjin must feel and took it upon himself to talk to JungHwa.

"JungHwa, I know this is all very confusing for you and your appa and I both realize that we should have said something to you earlier, but we didn't. I want to apologize on behalf of the both of us. It was wrong of us to keep things from you."

JungHwa crinkled his nose in confusion and Jungkook smiled. He resembled Seokjin so much.

"But, I don't understand ahjussi. You kissed my appa. Do you like him?" JungHwa, innocently asked the prince.

Jungkook smiled while Seokjin looked even worse off than he already was. His eyes darted between his son and the prince.

"I do actually, very much so," Jungkook said quietly and his eyes found the troubled ones of Seokjin. "But it's rather complicated right now. I want you both to live here with me in the palace but your appa feels that it would not be the right thing for the two of you."

Jungkook watched in awe as JungHwa seriously contemplated his words. He was very impressed with Seokjin's son, who had shown how mature and intelligent he could be.

"While it would be fun to live here ahjussi, I understand why appa won't want that. It just wouldn't be the right thing to do. You are the prince and appa works for you and your family. Appa has always taught me to respect those who gave us any opportunity to better ourselves in our lives. My appa has had a hard life ahjussi. He struggles for me and I want to see him happy. He was happy when we had Taehyung ahjussi but then....... " JungHwa trailed off and his eyes scanned his father's before he looked at the prince again. "I am afraid of him getting hurt again."