16

Jungkook

"What is the meaning of this Jungkook?" My mother looked at me, disappointment clearly writ all over her face. She had her personal tablet open to a series of articles with pictures, on my date with Seokjin.

My father had his back to me as he gazed at the electric fire in the grate. By his stance, I knew he was angry.

"It was a date mother. I went on a date with a very lovely person. The media are blowing this out of proportion."

"Blowing this out of proportion? Is that what you're calling every media house in this country? You know they follow you Jungkook! You know of your status and yet you still insist on flouting our traditions!" My father had turned and looked at me, anger and frustration clearly evident.

"Father, that is absolutely untrue. I simply wanted to take a very kind and sweet man on a date. I really like him father. I know it's not want you want for me but wouldn't it be a good thing if your son and heir was actually happy? He makes me happy father."

"Are you saying that you're unhappy Jungkook? Do we not love and care for you enough?"

I sighed heavily. "No father, that is not what I mean. What I'm trying to say is....."

My mother cut me off. "You know that being with a man is impossible for you Jungkook. We need you to produce an heir for us. How is he supposed to do that?"

I walked to the huge window and looked out over the garden below. It reminded me of Seokjin and it immediately calmed my racing heart.

"He is..... He is a carrier mother," I said quietly, not meeting their eyes as I heard audible gasps behind me.

"How do you know that son?" My father asked.

"H-he has born a son already."

"WHAT? THAT IS ABSOLUTELY OUTRAGEOUS JUNGKOOK! WE CANNOT ALLOW THAT!"

"Mother please, please calm down. I care for him."

My father stroked his chin, deep in thought. "Who is he son? Is he from a noble family?"

I shook my head. "He is an orphan father. But he is hard working and dedicated to his son. He loves his work and has so much passion for life. He makes me want to know him more."

"You sound like a love-sick fool Jungkook. What do you even know of hard work and passion? You've never worked a day in your life," my mother scoffed at me.

"That is not true mother. I worked when I joined the air force for my mandatory service."

She scoffed more. "That is nothing Jungkook. And that is not considered as work either. You have a manservant to attend to all your needs. You've grown up in a pampered bubble. What does this man know of your lifestyle? He is a commoner, is he not?"

I hung my head in shame. My mother wasn't far off the mark.

"He is mother. But I've only just gotten to know him. I want to know him more and for him to know me, not as the crown prince but as Jungkook, just Jungkook."

My parents were quiet for a time. My thoughts went to Seokjin's beautiful, smiling face as he looked upon me and then him burying his head in the sweet scent of the roses I had given him. His completely unrestrained and spontaneous way that he had wanted to watch a movie with me and not forgetting his kind heart, when he thought that my guard were starving. He was truly the essence of the word, amazing.

"Who is he Jungkook?" My father asked, taking me out of my musings.

I hesitated. I didn't want Seokjin to be targeted.

"He works for the monarchy."

"What? Jungkook, have you lost your mind completely?" My mother said, looking at me with disbelief etched in every facet of her expression.

"Is he a servant?" My father asked.

"Please father. Please don't say servant. He is an employee."

I was upset now. Sometimes my parents could be really old school and downright archaic in their thinking. My father looked at me thoughtfully while my mother was seething.

"Okay, we'll give you this Jungkook. But there will be conditions."

My heart was leaping but I tried to remain calm.

"You cannot be seen with him in public again. You will only be allowed to see him within the confines of this palace. We will give you a month to get to know him and after that you will either break it off and marry who we have chosen for you or you will marry him. I will not give you more time to decide. If you break any of my rules, all my terms will be forfeit and you will marry who your mother and I will choose. And another thing, his son will not be allowed to live with you after you marry. Those are my conditions."

My eyes went wide and my heart was palpitating. Seokjin would never agree to those terms. He loves JungHwa. He will never let go of his son. My mind and heart were at loggerheads now. I didn't know what to say or do.

"Well, do you agree? Is he that important to you Jungkook?" My father's shrewd eyes narrowed and waited for my reply while my mother looked thoroughly offended by our entire conversation. But she remained quiet, waiting for my answer, no doubt she would be challenging father's decision later on.

My heart was racing as I turned over every conversation I had had with Seokjin in my mind. I knew deep within my heart, he would never agree.

"I accept father. One month and then we will decide."

"Good." My father smiled. He made to move out of the study, my mother following him. Her back was ramrod straight and I knew she was angry as hell. My father turned and looked at me then. "Remember my terms Jungkook and don't disappoint me."

When they left the room, I let out the breath I was holding and scrambled to find my phone and call Hoseok.

Bring Seokjin to my room immediately! I need to speak to him urgently!

.........................

************************************

Hey my swties. I do apologize for not updating yesterday. I appreciate all your love and support for this book. Thank you and please vote and recommend my work if you're enjoying it.

I purple you 💜

************************************

Love Swty 😘