19

Jungkook

"Well, that was fruitful Hoseok!" I said sarcastically as we got into the car. I could feel him smirk and it irritated me.

Hoseok has been with me for a long time now. When he first interviewed for this position, he had immediately gotten my attention with his confidence and politeness. His mannerisms too, were very pleasing and we had worked ourselves into a comfortable working relationship. Sometimes those lines were blurred because of how much time we actually spent together and in the ensuing years, he had proven to become a quiet confidante and a valued friend. He knew he mattered to me more than just any employee.

"Don't grumble. It doesn't suit you my prince."

I scoffed at his simpering tone. But he was right and it irked me to admit that hence I was behaving like a petulant child.

"I hate royal duties and I abhor these fake gatherings. And for God's sake, why did they have to keep this event so early? I swear they do these things on purpose."

He chuckled and I wanted to slug him. We had just attended a luncheon for a charity that my mother supported. She had taken to her bed after feeling a little under the weather, so I was forced to attend in place of her. As the car moved along, I gazed out of the window moodily at the bleak streets and thought about my encounter with my Seokjinnie and JungHwa that morning. I sighed heavily and Hoseok got the wrong idea.

"Tired my prince?" he asked, looking at me with concern.

"No Hobi. Just thinking about Seokjin," I said sadly, knowing that I didn't need to elaborate further when it came to this topic since Hoseok and I had exhausted every possible means for Seokjin and I to be together. He knew the pain I was in and I was grateful when he didn't question me further.

I continued with my melancholic musings and gazed out of the window, picturing his shy smiles and sweet disposition. He was so handsome, beautiful in every sense of the word. I enjoyed his company too. He was funny and kind. He had a sense of duty and determination in him. I've never met anyone with a more positive outlook on life. Not even Hoseok, who was sometimes irritating with his sunshine vibe and optimistic views. Sometimes, I just wanted to brood, like now, but he was too bright to allow me that so I ignored him.

Seokjin's tears this morning had pained my heart. I couldn't stand to see him cry. I wanted to kick myself for making him do it once again. But he had assured me that he was simply grateful that JungHwa was opening up to me and becoming comfortable around others. He was rather taciturn and distrustful of anyone around his appa. And he had had good reason to be. JungHwa had seen first hand the struggles of his father and participated in many a heartbreak along with him. Jin didn't elaborate and I didn't want to press him then.

It hurt me that I couldn't wipe away his tears and take them both into my arms right then. I was so engrossed in my thoughts that if the driver hadn't braked so hard, I would've missed the most shocking sight before my very eyes.

"Hobi, tell him to stop the car!" I ordered.

"Yes your grace. JeongHan, stop the car," Hoseok said into his mic and tapped on the glass partition.

JeongHan slid into a parking space across the divide and I jumped out immediately, closely followed by Hoseok and my guard. I turned and stopped them.

"Wait!"

"My prince, you cannot run off this way! What happened?" Hoseok held onto my arm firmly while my guard surrounded me, intent on not letting me escape. I hissed in annoyance and pulled Hoseok close to me.

"I just saw Seokjin!" I whisper yelled into his ear. Hoseok's eyes widened.

"Where?" He looked about us in confusion.

"Back there where all the people were lining up. Except,....... except that he looked different Hobi. Something's not right. Listen, let's go back there but I want to be discreet. I feel like something is off."

"Okay sir. Come, let's get back inside the car. It's not safe for you. This isn't a very good neighborhood."

"Okay, but I want to know what he was doing back there. I think we should park off somewhere and watch him. I saw something really strange Hobi. He....... he had a baby tied to his back with some kind of cloth and he was holding JungHwa's hand. They both looked really dirty and dishelleved. What's going on? I don't understand any of it."

"Calm down Jungkook. We'll find out. There's no sense in you getting all worked up."

I nodded and walked back to the car. I was agitated and worried. Hoseok almost never called me by my name, except when he really wanted to get my attention. I could see he was worried too. Why did Jin have a baby with him? As far as we knew, he had one child. And where has he been keeping the baby if he lives at the palace? Is he secretly married or something? Does the baby live with the other parent? My mind was going crazy. My heart was almost burning in my chest. I needed answers and I needed them now!

...........................

************************************

What are you doing Villain-nim? 🤔

Congratulations to our boys on being nominated for a Grammy @ the 63rd Grammy Awards. We love you ♥️

I purple you 💜

************************************

Love Swty 😘