10

Seokjin

I stood on the threshold of the prince's chambers and considered my options. One, it was a direct order from my employer, albeit, royal employer, and to disobey would be not only be a cause for immediate dismissal but probably grounds for imprisonment too. I shuddered at that thought. Two, a potential suitor, and an extremely handsome one at that, had just asked me to join him in his room almost after midnight. Both options scared me to no end.

I sucked up my fears and knocked quietly, hoping that no one would discover me here. The last thing I needed was for some staff to find me and I'd become the next hot gossip.

The door opened, revealing a smiling Hoseok and my eyes went wide before I decided to scramble out of there.

"It's okay Seokjin," he called out behind me as I made to run off, "no one knows you're here besides me and I won't tell on you, I promise."

I stopped dead and turned around slowly, unable to meet his eye. Imagine what he must think of me!

"Frankly, I think it's rather mean of Jungkook not to tell you that I would be here since it was he that ordered me to bring the damn chair in here!" He grumbled and I looked at him thoroughly confused.

"Chair? What chair?"

He laughed lightly. "I think I'll let that brat tell you more." And he side stepped me, bowing slightly before leaving the door open for me to enter.

I waited for him to turn the corner before taking a deep breath and walking inside tentatively.

"Close the door Seokjin," his voice came through the room, causing me to jump, startling me. I closed the door and it clicked, indicating that I was now locked in. I gulped and made my way in further.

My eyes roamed around his room. I had been in this wing before but never inside this room. I was surprised at how tastefully it was decorated. It was modern as compared to the rest of the palace and very neat.

"Come Seokjin. I promise I won't bite," he teased me from further within the room. I laughed nervously, still a little apprehensive.

And then I saw him. He was wearing a large, grey, oversized t-shirt and baggy sweatpants. He looked like an ordinary college student and I relaxed immediately, finding him sitting comfortably on the floor with some books and papers spread out before him.

"Urm, Jungkook," I tried tentatively.

"Oh hi Seokjin. Would you mind helping me? I'm really clueless about this." He scratched the back of his head cutely and I couldn't help but smile softly.

"Of course. What do you want me to do?" I sat down beside him, watching him look at the papers. There were some designs drawn on them with words printed alongside or below.

"I'm just useless with following instructions," he huffed irritably.

I smiled softly before leaning in and checking the pages with him. It wasn't easy for me to understand the words but I tried. The pictures were more helpful so I tried figuring it out by studying them.

"They're instructions on how to use this chair in the diagram. Look," and I pointed to one of the designs, "you have to press down on these buttons to get it started. The arrow shows you the sequence. Then you set the frequency for what you require," I concluded and turned to him with a smile on my face. Our eyes met and I looked away shyly. He was looking at me intently.