snyder cut

i genuinely couldn't care less for this movie bc most stuff DC put out is crap ( bar a few shows + suicide squad & joker ) but it annoys me how people are overlooking how problematic it is to keep a*ber h*ard in the film.

not only where the scenes with mera in filmed around the same time as it was being revealed that she had in fact abused johnny rather than the other way around like she claimed it to be, but they released the snyder cut after all the backlash they have gotten for not firing her from aquaman 2 and all the petitions going around.

not only is this extremely unfair to johnny, who's career has been possibly permanently bruised because of her false accusations, but it also isn't fair to other domestic abuse victims. them keeping her in the film, when she easily could have been recasted or just cut out of it all together, is basically turning a blind eye to her abuse and supporting it by letting her get off with nothing but public backlash, making it seem like no big deal.

idk how good the movie is, or how big of a DC can you are, but there's literally no defending this. snyder should have at the very least put out a statement regarding h*ard's involvement and whatever his dumb reasoning for keeping her in was. DC and Warner Bros need to do better, and if you are defending their decision to keep her in, so do you.

it's always about justice until it comes to your stans, right?