Back at home

Dick was in a very deep sleep. He won't complain because no one can wake him from this wonderful dream. He and Cassia were running in a field of daffodils, just like in the cute, romantic movies. Cassia was holding his hand, pulling him further into the field. The two fell onto the daffodils, laying in on their backs still holding each other's hands. Cassia rolled onto his chest, placing her free hand lightly on his chest. Dick closed his eyes listening to Cassia's steady breathing. He heard a yawn and opened his eyes. He was back in the room he had fallen asleep in. He must have moved when he was asleep because he remembers falling asleep on his side. At least he wasn't crushing Cassia by laying on top of her. Dick leaned forward and kissed Cassia's forehead.

"Good morning" Cassia said, snuggling up to his chest even more.

Dick face turned bright pink. He didn't know she was awake. Dick couldn't even say 'Good morning' back because of the shock he was in. Cassia didn't look up to him to see if he was going to answer her. He'd guessed she had read his mind. Dick was wondering whether he should ask her now. Or would it be better, if he was going to get rejected, to do in front of others. Either be embarrassed in front of people or have the one you ask walk out the room, never to talk to you again. 

"Do you want to be my girlfriend?" Dick asked, saying what was on his mind. 

Cassia's head shot up. Did he really just asked her to be his girlfriend? 

"Who? Me?" She questioned.

Dick nodded. Thoughts rushed through his head. What would happen if she rejected him? Would she refuse to go on the camping trip because of him? Would she ignore him from now on? Would she never want to see him again?  'Would- '

"Yes. I would like to be your girlfriend..." Cassia smiled widely, mumbling the last part.

Dick couldn't believe his ears. He looked at Cassia with a questioning look and she nodded in reply. Dick couldn't help but pull her into a hug and smile. He swore he was the happiest man alive. Cassia giggled at his actions, forgetting about the debacle  making Dick laugh. The two laid in bed for a little while before deciding to get up to move their aching legs. Afterwards, they walked down the stairs and into the kitchen guessing the other's would be there. To there surprise, they weren't. Joanna came into the kitchen slightly startled by the two. 

"Sorry" Cassia took Joanna's arm and sat her down on one of the chairs in the corner of the room.

"Where have the others gone?" Dick asked the housekeeper once she had calmed down. 

"They went down to the beach boy" She replied, standing up and walking towards the snack cupboard. 

She handed them both a granola bar and ushered them out of the house. The two looked at each other and shrugged. They walked down the gravel path, leading to the beach. In the middle of the journey, Dick held out his hand for Cassia to take and she obliged. 

'Doing whats on my mind is doing me a lot of good things today my word' Dick thought to himself.

They got to the beach and immediately recognised the other's shoes on the wall. They looked around trying to find them and spotted them at the ice cream shop. The two walked towards the shop and called out their names. Dick's siblings waved at them but George didn't. Her eyes were fixated on something or someone else.