The Beach

George was sure it was the same black figure as she had seen at the Stephen's house, but how could she know for sure. She stared at the figure, licking her ice cream every now and then. All of a sudden, George was tapped on the shoulder. George's head flung round in the direction of the tap to see Anne startled and confused by her actions. 

"Dick and Cassia are here" Anne said, gesturing towards the two who, were now, holding hands.

George looked at Cassia with a sly smirk as if to say I told you so. Cassia rolled her eyes as she averted her attention back to the conversation Julian, Dick and Anne were having. George let out a breathy laugh as her attention was brought back to the black figure.

As the conversation went on, they got to a topic Cassia had no clue about and took a quick glance at George. Confused by why George had zoned out, she flowed her gaze. Her eyes settled on a black figure and in surprise she let out a yell, only loud enough for the other five to hear. After hearing the yell, Dick's grasp tightened on Cassia's hand and he grabbed her arm with his free hand. Cassia wouldn't look at Dick. Not when this strange, black figure was looking right at her. George was no longer looking at the figure, but standing next to her best friend. 

"What is that George?" Cassia asked, getting pale.

"In all honesty Cassia, I don't know" George said, not daring to look that way, "but I remember it"   

Cassia whipped her head towards George. 'She remembers it?' Her breathing was getting heavier, heart beating faster. No comfort could stop her from feeling this way. George and Anne moved Cassia away from the ice cream shop, Timmy following, and sat her down on the wall where their shoes had been placed. Both Dick and Julian jogged towards the place George had directed to go in. 

As they sat down, George felt something in her pocket. The letter she had picked up from Cassia's. She gently pulled it out of her pocket, knowing it was ruined from going into the sea. George was shook when the writing wasn't smudged. 'How on Earth?' George thought, handing the letter over to Cassia. Cassia glanced at the letter when George nudged her with it and she took it. Cassia traced her fingers over her name written on the piece of paper and careful unfolded it. 

Dear my darling Cassia,

As soon as you read this letter, please do not come back to the house. You are in grave danger after what has happened to your father and I, I assume you have been told. Although I can not tell you, I tell you it is bad. I have had to move to Scotland to stay with your grandparents as I am in a similar, yet worse, position you are in. I have written to Fanny Kirrin to ask if she can look after you in these terrible times. Oh and one more thing if anything you feel is strange, don't go and investigate.

From your mother

George being George, she was reading over the girls shoulder. Both Cassia and George looked at each other in horror and jumped off the wall, running to where Dick and Julian were searching. Anne looked up in confusion as she had been completely mesmerized by the blue sea. She ran after the two girls, calling out their names, but they would not stop or answer her calls. The two ran towards the rocks, Anne and Timmy following, calling out the boys' names.