𝔄𝔠𝔱 1

The city was already bustling by the time Asira awoke from the sun's persistent rays peeking into the bedroom window.

Wait. Light through the window? My window is westward facing—

Asira bolts upright, hands flying to her mouth before the silken sheets slip off from her bare body. Panicking, they redirect to cover herself once more. Right. Kaeya. She was still in his chamber at the Knight's dwelling headquarters.

Ignoring the splitting headache that only worsened as she moved, she turned to her left, only to find the mattress lay bare before her. The sheets were almost unnaturally smooth as though their owner had left long ago. It had gone cold too.

Before any thoughts could infiltrate Asira's mind she decided this was indeed a good thing— this was merely a one-time occurrence and she was in no mood to deal with Kaeya's antics with the violent ache already hammering against her skull. He was merely a means to information.

She wished she didn't notice her own heart sink at the thought.

"Speaking of which..." Asira turned, flinching violently at the pain erupting across her muscles as she attempted to stand. Damn it Kaeya. "What time is it now?"

Judging by the light it had to be almost noon, and Asira didn't particularly fancy bumping into another Knight on her way out of the Capitan's quarters. With a heavy sigh, Asira wrapped herself in the sheet, beginning to walk out of the bedroom when she caught sight of a note, delicately placed atop her garments.

Her pile of clothing long since cast away sat beneath it, and she quickly lifted the paper to read.

Good morning princess, I apologize for leaving without telling. I was summoned early morning but I was feeling generous and organized your robes. If you need anything you know where to find me, hopefully another day we can try again and I'll make sure to stay a little longer~

- Yours Truly, Kaeya

Princess? Asira's nose crinkled in disgust at the new nickname, however she quickly moved on, picking up the garments placed underneath. She began to dress, buttoning back on her uniform when she remembered the documents. The Evil Eye. She shuffled her hands against her pockets, breath hitching in her throat as she stood.

They were empty.

When? How? Asira tries again but comes up empty handed once more, charred pages nowhere to be found in any of her clothes nor on the floor of Kaeya's dwelling. Kaeya.

"Archons you have to be kidding me," she grit her teeth and yet no other explanation came to mind. Unless they magically disappeared on their trek here there was no way around it— the Cavalry Captain was onto her.

And now the only question that remained as to how much he really knew.

The bitter taste of blood swept over her tongue, "Two can play at this game ice boy." She realized being unwatched in Kaeya's private quarters gave her an unparalleled opportunity and finished dressing before beginning her search.

Time and time again she was dispatched on reconnaissance missions that involved infiltration, but the knowledge that this was the dwelling of someone she'd known made her heart beat erratically. One thing out of place and Kaeya was sure to notice. He would catch on immediately.

Asira managed to scour the entire floor without any luck. Strange trinkets and suspicious items were tucked away in various corners, and yet she found nothing connected to the Evil Eye nor the Fatui. And time was running out.