100Ꮶ 𝕼𝖓𝕬

ℌ𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔬  𝔄𝔤𝔞𝔦𝔫  𝔇𝔢𝔞𝔯  𝔱𝔯𝔞𝔳𝔢𝔩𝔢𝔯𝔰,

𝔚elcome back and thank you so very much for helping us reach 100k on 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕽𝖆𝖛𝖊𝖓

As promised here is the QnA you all asked from the last chapter or individually messaged. I took both those that seemed most entertaining to me as well as what I thought would be most interesting to see as readers. Without further ado, enjoy~

𝕿𝖍𝖊  𝖂𝖗𝖎𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌  𝕻𝖗𝖔𝖈𝖊𝖘𝖘:

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 inspired the creation of The Raven?

♚  I began nurturing the idea of this book almost a year ago, back when the Genshin tag had under a thousand works to show for itself... Needless to say, much time has past. I was deeply entranced by the lore from the beginning especially since back then everything from Kaeya, Khaenri'ah, the Alchemist Gold, and the truth about the Fatui's purpose were but speculations waiting to unfold. I wanted to introduce a character that would force the Liyue arc to take a darker turn- that of which I still cannot say but you will all find out soon enough. The actual plot has changed time and time again as I've continued, but the central theme of exploring each of these characters' darker and more vile sides remains the same. I want to give them each the villainization they deserve.

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 advice would you give aspiring authors, tips on writing and how to improve yourself?

♚  A great question. My main advice would be to never stop reading and never stop writing. The latter is obvious but for the bit on reading I want you to try and expose yourself to as many different types of literature as possible: poems, plays, published novels and online fanfiction, everything holds lessons of what to do and not to do. And more importantly it is by reading that you can gain a writing style of your own- but more on that later. As for more technical details like plot and pacing, being conscious when consuming media is especially important for that. What I mean is that when you are watching a show or reading a book you enjoy, pay attention to the structure: how many chapters does it take for the main plot to begin? How do the characters develop as people? How quickly? What scenes or themes had you disinterested or eager to learn more? By consciously consuming media with an author's mindset you can use what you learned and further apply it to your own works. And of course there are so many wonderful books and blogs that teach writing that I'd recommend looking into.

𝕮𝖔𝖒𝖇𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖉: Did anything inspire your writing style? / Favorite Genshin fanfics?

Haha yes this is most definitely not how I normally talk/write, but for the atmosphere of the Raven I adopted a more formal tone to best carry out this story. A fic (it was actually only a chapter long when I first read it) that greatly solidified my resolve to write The Raven like this is called Edge of the Flowers, Corners of the Sea published on AO3. However some of my other favorite Genshin Fanfics (all on AO3, my apologies) include: