𝔄𝔠𝔱 6

WARNING: this Act contains implied sexual assault and human trafficking. 

Please proceed with caution.

┏━━༻✦༺━━┓

Childe, albeit reluctantly, left Asira in the Pearl Gallery, Rouran promising to send him the specific medicines and alchemy books detailing all the information he possessed on Osial and the rumored sickness.

Asira was then escorted to a private chamber while the rest of the guests where soon dismissed, the hull's once lively and music-filled interior desolate save for the subtle crashing of waves and the gust of wind audible from the deck above.

This was the worst place to be stuck in.

Asira scanned the room, adorned with silk draperies and lavish golden embellishments, trailing up to the large plush mattress, sheets reflecting the soft glow of the lanterns. No windows, one sole door, and surrounded by water. Yes, this was indeed the worst possible scenario.

A soft creak of metal hinges let her know the door was being opened, Asira's hand immediately inching towards her thigh. She heard the door click shut, and her fingers laced around the blade, pulling it out from its sheath. One step, two steps. Rouran's slowly approaching footsteps let Asira brace herself, knife hidden in the shadow of her forearm. She willed her breathing to steady, but her vision blurs as it focuses on the mattress, lying untouched before her.

Her mind threatens to go back. Before Asira can even register it the taste of sand floods her, its scorching texture burning against her tongue and clawing down her throat, filling up every breath and restraining every movement. No longer she in the Pearl Gallery, but rather groveling against the clay walls, desert sun relentless from where she stood on the podium, metal chains eagerly soaking up the heat as it tears and bites into the flesh of her wrists and ankles, only the trickle of her own blood cooling the metal where it burned. Blood and sand. So much sand.

A hand clasps around Asira's shoulder and the girl fights the urge to vomit, whirling around as her knife swings without hesitation. Stay away from me. Don't touch me! Don't you dare touch me!

It's the sharp pang of fangs sinking into her wrist that slaps Asira back into the present.

She's no longer in the Underworld, rather, is snapped back up to see the golden eyes of Rouran starting right back, not quite surprised nor angry as he furrows his eyebrows. The harsh pang in her wrist flares up again, and Asira looks down to find Rouran's snake finally let go, trickle of blood dripping from its fangs. Her slash was stopped halfway, the snake stopping her attack mere inches from Rouran's neck.

"I-" Asira steps back, knife clattering to the floor. "I sincerely apologize!" 

She bows, wincing at how absurd this must sound. First, she tries and stabs the man only to try apologize a moment later with what, a sorry? I'm as good as dead.

But rather, Rouran raises his hands, as if displaying his harmlessness to a frightened child. Maybe she did look like one at that moment: cowering, skittish and eyes picking up every movement, not daring to even blink nor breathe.

"Please, I only wish to talk." The green haired male moves slowly before seating himself at one edge of the mattress, casting a gentle smile as Asira hesitantly joins him. He notices the distance she put between them. "I had prepared some tea, for what is a good discussion without an equally captivating drink?"