𝔄𝔠𝔱 4

It was as Zhongli said, even with the night's veil of darkness covering the path, she eventually reached a fork in the road. The cobblestone path continued to the left, but to her right sat a tree overlooking the Harbor, stone lantern Tachi-dōrō whose fire twinkled ever so gentle against the seaborn wind.

"This must be it..."

Asira continued to the right, passing by the lantern and tree as the full view from the cliffside appeared before her. An amber glow encased the red, gold, and emerald green of Liyue's still-visible buildings and bridges, singing life into the city even from so far away. It truly was breathtaking.

Sparing one more glance, she pressed onwards, the curve and dip of the cliffside strenuous to climb, Asira cursing to the sky as rocks plummeted to the rocking ocean far beneath her, water's rage palpable several miles below her. It wasn't until she was made to climb a natural stone bridge that she noticed the cliffs fall away around her. She had reached her destination.

This pier was unlike all the others Asira had passed, it seemed to ascend into the sky, silver tips of the moon brushing against it, appearing as though one could take off and join the stars themselves so long as they just jumped.

The Sea of Clouds was truly a fitting name.

And yet, despite the majestic comfort the moon-kissed cliff gave, Asira felt the hairs on the back of her neck rise. She unsheathed she swords.

"Aj— Tartaglia, I have arrived." No response.

Only the low sound of waves crashing against the rocks below reached her, that and the whistling of the wind between the grass. She rolled her shoulder back, crouching as her blades swung upwards. Two, no, three people. One from my front and two behind, an ambush attempt.

Asira put one blade back, "Too slow."

The Captain sprinted forward, lunging into the air as her attacker cried out from below her. The grass burst into flames. Asira growled and threw herself to the left, narrowly dodging another explosion of fire. Three blades of fire spun around the man and Asira instantly recognized the mask covering his face and uniform he wore. "Fatui Agent, I'm here upon Tartaglia's request. Cease this!"

However the Agent didn't even acknowledge her words, darting forward as the blades came spiraling towards her. She jumped, metal crashing against metal, knocking the flaming knives to the ground, throwing the two of them to the ground. A scream left the Agent's mouth but before Asira could knock him with the back of her sword something wizzed past her ear.

Flipping backwards she landed a messy kick to the side of his head, forcing him unconscious as she spun to face the remaining two.

Both were mere skirmishers- the bottom of the Fatui's hierarchy- and yet Asira narrowed her eyes. "Weaklings like these usually travel in threes or more..." But she didn't have time to dwell on it. Finally unsheathing her second sword, the Captain lunged towards them, the gun wielder who shot earlier retreating behind his partner's large body.

One Pyroslinger Bracer and one Cryogunner Legionnaire. They're missing their main attacking force, where is he?

The three traded blows, Asira practically dancing around them as she surveyed the hidden corners of the cliff. Dodging another flaming bullet, her sights settled upon a pool of some sort on the opposite side, rocks covering her view behind it. There. He must be waiting there.

"Alright then, playtime's over." Asira braced, flinging herself into the sky with a crack of thunder. Summoning two blades, they plummeted down, knocking both of the skirmishers unconscious as lightning sparked past the plummeting girl.