𝔄𝔠𝔱 2

Closing the last of the bundles, Asira checks over her blades, catching her reflection in the blade in the dim light of early morning. She was practically invisible against the darkness, only the hollow silver stare of her own eyes flashing back at her, lifeless as the metal they sat upon. Silver. A colorless color that reflects all and yet hold no substance of its own, nothing more than a hollow shell to be utilized and colored in.

She sheathed the blade.

Albedo gave her the full mission: a Millelith had reported the threat and was staying in a secured location until their departure today for Liyue. They would arrive by nightfall thus giving them exactly one week until the Lantern Rite to find and annihilate those responsible, else face the city's ruin.

That's where her mission diverged- Kaeya and Diluc would return safe from harm to Mondstadt, and Asira would ship herself to Snezhnaya with Childe.

And then she would kill the Tsaritsa.

As Asira begins to carry her travel satchel out her house, she stumbles across Childe's note once more, undisturbed on her counter. She takes the liberty to look it over once more, fingernails digging into the paper. It's instantly clear he's not the one who wrote it- his handwriting was never this neat- but on it are ambiguous directions almost identical to the ones he spoke last time they met.

In three days time, meet me in the Sea of Clouds, on the pier where the moon touches first. There we will receive your answer, and your loyalty.

Two days have already passed, which means she would have to locate this pier the moment they entered Liyue. Shaking off Diluc and Kaeya would prove to be a challenge though. Her eyes narrow as she shoves the note into her pocket, regardless, what really worried her was that Liyuen messenger. His timing was all too perfect. If Asira's suspicions were correct then the Millelith were no more than a stage puppet, stringed along by the Fatui.

"Damn it, as if that wasn't enough my accursed mind keeps going back to that Cyro freak." Asira growls under her breath as she turns, flinching as her sword clanks to the ground. "How long were you standing there?"

A surprised yelp comes from the doorway, figure bowed down low as incomprehensible stammers escape her lips. "I... Um... I'm so sorry, I should have knocked!" Asira's gaze softens and she walks over, ruffling the hat atop the flustered girl.

"At ease Sucrose, at the very least I'm glad it's you who came in and not one of the ruffians." The bio-alchemist raises her head, pink dusting her cheeks as Asira continues to smile down at her.

"I won't say a thing. I swear on the quadruple-size Sweet Flower seeds I just propagated!"

This alone allows Asira's heart to lift enough so an airy laugh flees her lips, woman picking up her sword before interlacing her arm with Sucrose's dragging the two out of the house and into the streets, still dark with the early morning glow. From experiments to literature to tea, the two conversed as they walked to Mondstadt's gates, allowing a much needed distraction and time with a friend. Asira darkens as she realizes how long it might be until she'll see Sucrose again. If at all.

Nevertheless the pair eventually reach the gate, and as such Asira is forced to say her goodbyes, scurrying from person to person as a small crowd had gathered to see the Captains off.

Then, there was only one person who remained. Her eyes found the blonde's before the words even leave the tip of her tongue.