Ch. 11

The Next Day...

Joe and I bickered all morning before school. First it was Joe trying to get me not to go to school... then it was Joe was going to the front office with me to turn in his signature with my sig-gram, and as he put it, "have words" with Principal Howard. Luckily, I didn't have to stick around for all this as I had to head to first period, aka Mrs. Hollaway's class... aka my class with Billy Sharp.

Thanks to Joe getting me to school so early (so he had time to speak with Principal Howard) I was the first of us 3 humans to arrive to first period. I took my time to take in the surroundings more, seeing as my class time yesterday was cut short. Looking around, I took in how ordinary the classroom looked... only huge. But just like human school, it had rows of desks, airpads at each desk (tablets for typing and takings notes), and the giants who'd already arrived seemed very normal.

Fashion tends to be different for giants, because they inevitably own fewer amounts of clothing in comparison to humans, and their clothing tends to be more 'functional'. Like most giants, both male and female, tend to wear jeans and plain shirts. But us humans on the other hand, have way more clothing stores that have different cuts of shirts, pants, skirts, dresses, the whole nine yards. My mom taught me all this when sharing her story of how Joe first caught her eye.

So other than Joe being hard to miss for us humans, Joe is one of the richest giants in the world, so he has access to technology, clothing, and experiences that other giants typically don't have. When my mom first saw Joe he was apparently wearing a dark grey suit with a tie- which is apparently something giants don't always have access to, so it immediately caught my mom's eye. It wasn't until coming here to Wendelton High that I started to understand... I see Joe in a suit and tie all the time. Being here at Wendelton I saw how many of the students and teachers blended together in a sea of standard jeans and plain shirts... Well all blended together but one...

Right on cue, the one who my mind couldn't help but drift to entered the class room... Trent Reed. Similarly to yesterday, Trent had dark wash blue jeans (a contrast to many others, who had traditional brighter blue jeans) and a tight tan t-shirt that literally almost matched his skin tone, and at a glance made him look like he had no shirt on. OMG, why did I just picture him shirtless... and crazier, why did I like this idea of him shirtless so much!

Staring is rude Morgan... I know that's universal. I quickly darted my eyes down to my air-pad to hopefully look as though I hadn't noticed Trent's entrance. Moments later I felt the all too familiar feeling of a giant stood in front of me, a giant that I could feel had crouched down to be level with the human area.

"Good morning Morgan," said none other than Trent Reed.

I instantly felt nervous, but not nervous like I feared for my safety, but a new kind of nervous I was only starting to experience at school.

"Hi T-Trent," I finally replied, stuttering out his name. Thanks a lot butterflies in my stomach.

"How'd things go with your sig-gram?" Trent asked.

"They went fine, and not fine, all at the same time."

Trent chuckled at my reply before sharing how showing his sig-gram to his parents went."Yea I get that. My parents took it decently. My dad was real mad at frist about detention on the first day of school, but then I told him about you and he chilled out,"

"What about me?"

Before answering, Trent's deep brown eyes focus on a sight behind me. It was Jade and Aaron exiting the elevator in our human seating area.

"I'll tell you later," Trent finally replied as he gave me a cheeky wink, rose to his full height, and walked away.

"Holy Sh#t Morgan!" Jade chirped as she made her way over to sit next to me. Her eyes were wide with astonishment at what she clearly had just witnessed between Trent and I.

"Are you alright?" Aaron asked as he made his way over to his seat on the opposite side of Jade.

"Yea, I'm good. That was nothing... H-He was just saying 'Hi,'" I replied lamely.

Aaron stared deep into my eyes with curiosity.

Before we could continue our conversation Mrs. Hollaway began class. After 5 minutes of morning announcements, and pledging to New Earth, it was time to divide up with our partners to work on our presentations due at the end of the week.

My stomach plummeted anticipating meeting with Billy Sharp. I hadn't even seen him enter, but honestly it's kind of hard to see everything from this front row vantage point us humans are positioned in, without it being pretty obvious that we've straight up turned around. Once Mrs. Hollaway released us to meet with our partners it was almost like time stopped and I froze in my seat.

"You can be with us," I heard Jade say, but I was still frozen.

"Oh dear, It appears Morgan will need to join a group of 3, seeing as Billy has been su- has the week off," Mrs. Hollaway announced to the class.

A silence fell.

"Morgan's with us Mrs. H!" a loud voice in the back of the class announced. Oh mother earth, it was Logan.

"As long as that's okay with Morgan, I see no problem with that."

By the time I went to answer Mrs. Hollaway my view of her was blocked by an overly excited giant I had a feeling I'd be seeing way too much of... Logan.

Logan was stood in front of the human seating area with his massive hand making its way to the desk (our floor). Once his hand was palm up on the desk I grabbed my airpad from my desk and made my way over to his palm. The room was so silent you could hear a pin drop. The silence was making me anxious, and rendered me unable to grant a glance back towards my fellow humans, Aaron and Jade. I was honestly more nervous about how they were reacting then actually getting on Logan's hand.

Logan brought me over to the right side of the room where Trent sat with wide eyes awaiting our arrival. Once Logan and I were safely in a seat, and I was no longer in Logan's hand it was as if the entire class let out a sigh of relief.

Now all I had to do was keep up my confidence up and remember that other than Logan and Trent being much larger, they were students just like me. This was nothing more then a get to know you assignment, and at the end of the day, I was the most new kid here as far as I was concerned. Most of the giants had already been attending school together for years, and the same went for the humans. Me on the other hand, I was brand new. A blank slate. I only had to tell what I wanted them to know, right?!

"So, bada5s Morgan, tell us all about being half giant?"