Ch. 28

"You have an amazing room Morgan!" Jade finally spoke, breaking the painful silence as she seemed to nervously tuck her short blonde hair behind her ears. Her eyes darted around my giant sized room. A room I'd once imagined having friends over to, if this school year had been normal and smooth. Of course, that was not the case.

"What are you doing here? H-how did you know where I lived?"

"Aaron."

I didn't know how to respond to Jade's answer. Aaron... I hadn't spoken to Aaron or literally any of the humans, including Jade, at school ever since fall ball. For one, I became a complete laughing stock of the school with everyone gossiping about me "being eaten". And then there was the fall out of me hitting Aaron. After Aaron returned to school with a broken nose, the rest of the humans seemed to even avoid making eye contact with me, and yet, here Jade stood silently staring at me.

"Well... would you like to tell me what brought you here?"

"OMG... right to the point aren't we. Well... first of all I wanted to apologize to you for how everythings been since... you know... I don't know the full story of what went on with you and Aaron but if he did you wrong, I think it's pretty bada2s that you knocked him out,"

"I didn't knock him o-"

"Us girls need to support each other! From now on, if you ever need to beat up a guy, I promise I'll try my absolute best to knock em dead with you! Well... If they're human. Which I wanted to bring up the whole you dating that mysterious tan giant hunk Trent, unless you're really dating the other one, Logan, who I totally think is also cute but I totally don't think we could knock either of them out,"

"JADE! Chill... I didn't knock anyone out... I just hit Aaron, which I shouldn't have. I've learned my lesson though trust me... Doing everything one handed sucks," I added the last admission to hopefully remain light.

"Okay, so I have to tell you I'm kind of here on some serious business," Jade said, seeming more serious than I'd ever seen her. "So it's all over the news now that Trent had a human for a sister, which I was like, wow, that must be weird. But I guess you're used to that anyway seeing your dad, who is HUGE by the way! Like Oh M G, the biggest giant I've ever seen. But anyway, Aaron heard about Trent's little sister."

Jade had apparently finished part one of her speech but I didn't know what to say. LIke cool... Aaron knew about Trent's family going through h3ll... What did he have to do with it?

"Aaron didn't hear about it from the news. He heard about it from his dad. LIke, he heard his dad talking about it on the phone before it was even on the news."

"Wait, What?"

"Aaron really wants to talk to you, but he couldn't come here. I think he's afraid of your dad, which seeing how huge he is, I guess I can see that. Anyway, I'm here to help you sneak out so we can go meet Aaron and get the rest of the juice."

"Sneak out! Are you crazy! I can't sneak out. Joe would flip out!" I exclaimed in an exasperated tone.

"Oh no! Are you scared of him too?"

"No, not like that. I just mean I don't do that type of thing. Ever. I've already gotten into enough trouble this year. I can't push it more," I tried my best to explain.

Jade gave me a smirk before laying out my instructions. "You're going to go find your giant dad, tell him I'm coming to keep you company and sleep over in your room. Then you and I are getting out of this glorious house, we definitely should throw a party in, in the future, and we're going to go find Aaron and as I said, get the juice."