Epilogue

***10 years later***

"You look absolutely breathtaking!" Daria said as she helped fix my veil.

"So do you!"

"Oh please. I can't wait for Joe to see you. This will really mean a lot to him."

Yes. That much was true. Today I would be getting married to the love of my life while wearing my mother's wedding dress. I'm amazed it actually fits so perfect. We barely had to do any alterations. Twirling around in front of the mirror felt like a dream. I remember being in awe when I saw my mom in this exact dress. And now, here I am, carrying her with me on this monumental occasion.

Rumbling steps signaled Joe or Jacob were joining us. I turned to see Joe looking fresh and handsome in his tux while carrying Parisa, who had her flowing lavender bridesmaid dress on.

"Oh my gosh oh my gosh! Put me down Dad! I need a closer look!" Parisa practically chirped from Joe's hand. Joe had all but frozen in the doorway, when he first saw me. Then he finally lowered his hand to let Parisa down.

"Does this bring back memories?" I asked Joe, referring to Mom's dress.

"You look exactly like her. It's unreal. It's like literally looking at Mel, only more Morgan,"

"Ha. Perfect,"

"Where is Jacob? We need to get the family photos taken before the ceremony," Daria said, making us all turn to Parisa, who of course was busy taking selfies with me in the background.

"Wait, why do you guys always think I know where Jake is?" Parisa questioned.

"Because you always know where Jake is!" I retorted, eliciting a laugh from everyone.

"Okay fine... I think he's having some moment with River,"

The room had an awkward moment of silence at the mention of my soon to be sister-in-law's name, River. River was my fiance, Trent's, sister who went missing back when we were in high school over 10 years ago. She was only 5 when she'd been kidnapped right from under the Reed family's roof. And while there ended up being an entire human-trafficking situation that resulted in the arrest of Anthony Trust, Ben Sharp, and a number of other humans who knowingly participated in this illegal adoption/kidnapping, unlike the rest of the children, River was never found... well until a few months ago. The woman who had illegally adopted River was finally arrested for a triple homicide, and when the officials searched her property they finally connected the dots that this woman's "daughter" had really been one of the stolen children. River. Now River, who believe it or not just turned 16, has had a rather bumpy reunion with the Reed family, who are still over the moon to have her back.

After being kidnapped, River was raised in a human-only section of New Earth, something that was more and more rare as giant/human integration spread through the planet. River was so young when she'd been taken that she pretty much has no memories of the Reed family, or even interacting with giants at all. So imagine her terror, after being raised by a giant-hating and criminal mother, only to end up having to live with a giant family of strangers who all look at you as family. Needless to say, it's been many ups and downs for her, but I'm so happy she is back and can be here for the wedding.

Today I am marrying not just Trent, but I am in a way officially joining the Reed family just as he is joining the Mangello family. It seems like destiny that River has been found right in time to be a part of this moment.

As for Jacob having said "moment" with River... let's just say that Trent, Parisa, and I, are pretty sure there's something going on between them. Maybe not romantic from River just yet, but I think it's safe to say that Jake feels something. River is hard to read. The friendly, bubbly, and energetic little girl we once knew has been lost. In her place is a much more timid and scar filled individual.