Chapter 13

"I wonder where Naruto is." Maki was next to Shikamaru and Choji as they were given a free class after Iruka ran out of the class, for some reason seeming to be in distress.

"Eh. Apparently-" He was interrupted before he could finish by a deep voice that made Maki pale.

"Shouldn't you three be in class?" 

Shoot. She didn't even turn to look at the man and immediately tried inching away from them until Choji called her.

"Maki? Where are you going?" 

"Yes Maki, where are you going?" She turned around with a sheepish smile.

"Eh...Heheh..." Kakashi smirked at her.

"I don't believe Tenzo knows about this, does he?"

"He... Does?"

"Lying too? Tsk tsk, you've picked up some bad habits Maki." He looked at Shikamaru.

"Why aren't you guys in class?" 

'I'm a girl!' Maki internally replied, prompting a snicker to leave Kurama.

"We got a free period." Kakashi raises an eyebrow and squints his eyes.

"A... Free period?"

"Yeah. Iruka-Sensei said something about a kunai and Naruto going into a forest and i-"

"Oh no!" They look to see Maki running in the direction of the forest Naruto was said to be in while Kakashi nods and scolds them before running after Maki, easily catching up even though she had gone quite far.

"Maki! It's dangerous, go back!" She shook her head, increasing the chakra amount and requesting chakra from Kurama who willingly agrees.

'I completely forgot about this episode, dang it! Naruto's in trouble, yo!'

"Narutos in trouble!"

"I know that! But he'll be fine, besides, Tenzo will kill me if you get hurt!" She shakes her head, speeding up once again as she begins flickering away much to the copy-cats annoyance. He picks her up, stopping her pace and running faster for them.

"O-Oi! Put me down!"

"No. I need to keep you safe. Besides, I'm faster than you."

"Fine! But hurry up, yo!"

Soon they see Naruto being carried by Iruka as he sighs in relief once seeing them.

"Kakashi and MAKI!?" She grins before looking at the three females in front of them with a small frown.

"We got this, Iruka-Sensei. You just get Naruto out of here." He nods, knowing even if she couldn't fight that Kakashi would take care of her. The three women in front of them launch a powerful fire style that Maki grins at and summons three shadow clones.

"Earth style!: Mud wall!" A large wall launches up and stops the attack as Kakashi ruffles the girls hair and runs at the three shinobi, chidori activated.

"Chidori!"

"AHHH!" Three yells of pain erupt from the enemy nins as Maki jumps towards them, about to check one of their pulses when a hand grips her leg.

"Nuh-Uh. Tenzo's going to know about your skipping, you know." Her eyes turn to white circles and sweat beads collect on her forehead, while her hands lift up to shakee frantically and desperately.