Chapter 43||

*This Chapter is written in third person but as usual, it is Elijah's POV*

Elijah is unable to describe or pin point exactly what he's feeling. He's frantic, he's unsteady and unsure but most of all, he's scared.

The voices of the people around him and the surrounding area are muffled. He's used to hospitals by now considering how much time Emily had spent in one, yet he'd never liked the smell but at this exact moment, not even the scent of bleach wiped tiles had registered in his mind.

The world around the brooding boy was a blur and he had just one destination set in mind.

He needed to see her.

He needed to know that it wasn't that serious. Maybe it was just a few cuts and bruises about her body.

Wishful thinking Eli, his mind chastised in disapproval.

He'd seen that car on his way here. The entire driver's side was barely recognizable. She was sitting there.

Elijah is running, he knows that but his sense of direction is lost, completely non-existent.

He's unable to come to grips with the fact of how much he's fucked up the best thing that's ever happened to him along with the fact that he might not be able to fix this if she....

No!

"McCarthy," He finds himself rushing out the name at the receptionist behind the desk. "I'm looking for Tessa McCarthy, can you--," The boy breaks down before he can get his words out. He's distraught and unstable. "Fuck. Can you tell me where to find her?"

"Son, are you okay?" The woman asks in worry as she sits up, her eyes scanning the distraught boy. The young man looks sick, his cheeks are tear stained, his clothing are in disarray and his reddened eyes are almost scary looking.

"Please just tell me where I can find her."

"Okay," The woman nods as she types away at her computer. Before she can even get out the entire sentence, Elijah is sprinting down the halls as she shouts out the directions behind him.

Elijah's feet carry him up the staircase to the third floor-- the surgical floor to be exact-- as he's too anxious to get on the elevator. He can't imagine standing still as he waits, his morbid thoughts cannot handle that.

This is all my fault, he chants to himself.

He was in her emergency contacts so of course, after they'd failed to get through to either of her parents, they'd called him. Just when he'd been beating himself up over the stupid fucking things he'd said to her out of anger, she gets into an accident with a fucking truck.

Elijah faintly remembers doing the dishes when he got the God forsaken call.

"Is this Elijah Hastings?" The monotonous voice came though the phone.

"Who's asking?" The boy pelts back tightly. He's already in edge after everything that happened with Tessa and the last thing he needs is for someone to annoy him.

"This is Officer Nyles, I'm currently at the Crystal Gates Hospital with a Tessa McCarthy. You were in her emergency contacts and--"

"What the fuck happened to her?" Elijah blurted out as he immediately became alert.

He's in shock as he registers the words uttered to him.

Hospital. Tessa. Tessa was in the hospital.

She's going to die.

No, he screamed at his thoughts. 

"Tessa's been in an accident. I think you should get down here."