Chapter 25||

'The most defeating feelings is seeing someone you care about in pain and not being able to take it away'

Elijah hadn't showed up to school for the next two days that followed nor did he answer any of the  messages or calls that I'd sent him. I wasn't exactly surprised with his behavior considering the news about Emily had done a number on him and I was sure he was busy taking care of his mother and Tommy as well. I guess he needed space but that didn't mean that I was any less worried about him.

The bell had just went, thankfully ending the rather dreary day -- for me atleast. The entire school on the other hand were buzzing with the news of the upcoming Halloween party and baseball match this Saturday. I on the other hand couldn't care less. 

"Tessa!" A voice called just as I aimed to exit the school building.

I halted my steps, allowing Bella to fall into step beside me once I'd started moving again. We haven't spoken since our fight two days ago but I did remember the promise I'd made to Elijah about patching up things with her. She was my best friend after all. I wasn't going to remain mad with her forever.

"I'm so fucking sorry about what I said the other day. I'm a horrible friend and it was such a bitch thing to say and I really would like for you to forgive me. I really didn't mean it." She rushed out with pleading blue eyes.

I sighed, tucking a few strands of hair behind my ear as my hardened stare softened. Of course I forgave her already. She was my best friend and I understood where she was coming from although I hated what she'd said or atleast how she said it.

"It's okay Bella. I forgive you." I said with a small smile.

She squealed, throwing her arms around me in a tight embrace as I chuckled.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" She said excitedly as she then pulled away from me.

"It's whatever Bella. You're my best friend. The longest we've gone without talking is probably three days at most and that was quite horrific."

"It was, wasn't it?" She chuckled with a shake of her head. "So can I make it up to you completely with some shopping? The Halloween party is this weekend and I'd really be glad if you came with me. Chris will be there and maybe you could bring Elijah too."

"I'd love to go shopping with you but I'm sort of busy this afternoon but I'll ask Elijah about the party." I declined.

"Ahh, I see." She smirked. "You've got a dick appointment with your bad boy."

"Bella!" I scolded her foul mouth, my eyes widening.

"No need to be a prude darling. I'm sure you two have..." She trailed off with a suggestive look.

"We haven't. Elijah and I aren't exactly exclusive." I said with a blush tainting my cheeks.

"What the fuck is he waiting for? Look at you, you're hot!" She gushed, sprawling her hands out with emphasis.

"Trust me Bella, that's the last thing on his mind right now." I sighed, a slight feeling of dread settling within me as I frowned.

"I know that I don't know much about Elijah but I can tell he means alot to you and therefore he means alot to me as well. I hope he's okay with whatever is going on."

"You and me both." I sighed. "I'll catch up with you later Bella."

"Sure thing and again, I'm sorry about what I said." She said as she gave me a quick side hug.

"It's okay. Catch you later." I nodded at her before I headed for the bus stop. The drive to Elijah's would be about an hour since I'd have to wait about thirty minutes for the bus and the actual ride there would be another thirty minutes.