Chapter 26||

'Don't judge people for the choices they make when you don't know the options they had to choose from'

"Elijah." I shook the boy that slept so peacefully beside me awake.

"Mhm." He groaned, shifting himself away from me where we'd fallen asleep on his couch, a tangled mess of emotions and limbs.

"I think there's someone at the door." I said and my statement was soon followed by a series of loud knocks.

"What time is it?" He asked, passing a hand through his disheveled curls. He looked absolutely delicious with his sleepy eyes and messed up bed hair.

I quickly slipped out my phone from my pocket, eyes widening at the fact that it was ten at night and the forty missed calls I'd received from my parents within the past hour or so.

"I'm so fucking dead. It's ten o'clock." I answered, rushing to my feet to grab my stuff as Elijah lazily dragged himself to the door.

As soon as he'd swung the door opened, a series of shouts erupted from the hallway. Rather familiar shouts at that. Oh fuck.

"Where the hell is she? Where's Tessa?" I heard my father's angered voice outside the apartment.

"I know she's in here." My mother said with an edge to her tone.

"She's inside." Elijah said calmly as I rushed to the door. "Could you stop making noise at my from door, it'd be much appreciated."

"I knew we'd find her here Stephen." My mother said.

I was greeted with the angry glares of both my parents who were still dressed in their clothing from work, both looking livid beyond repair. I inwardly shivered and visibly gulped at the look they extended on me. They were pissed beyond repair and with good reasons. I fucked up royally.

"Mum, dad? What are you doing here?" I asked with wide eyes as I approached them.

"You should not be the one asking that question. Do you know how worried we were Tessa? You were supposed to be home hours ago!" She angrily yelled.

"I-I'm sorry." I stuttered.

"We're taking you home right now." My father raged as his hand clamped down harshly on my wrists, dragging me out into the hallway.

I clumsily stumbled towards him, tripping over my feet as I hissed in pain at his harsh grip. "Dad, you're hurting me. Let go!"

"Shut up Tessa. We're leaving." He cut me off in his enraged state. His pupils were dilated, his breathing heavy. I've never seen him this angry before.

"Don't fucking handle her like that." Elijah said in a deadly tone as he stepped towards my father almost threatingly.

"I suggest you stay out of this. This is my family business kid." My father warned.

"Well Tessa is my business. Now let her go." Elijah glared.

Of course my father didn't exactly feel threatened or even slightly affected  by Elijah because he has dealt with persons far worse than this. He simply tugged me closer to him, almost in a taunting manner. He enjoyed reminding Elijah of the fact that I would have to return home with them rather than stay here.

Elijah's fists clenched angrily at his sides in return to my father's action.

"She isn't and she will never be yours." My father said with a scoff.

"If you don't let her go right now, I'm-"

"Elijah, drop it." I said quietly as I stood between my angered parents and Elijah. I didn't blame them for lashing out. I was late and I also didn't bother to call them either.