Chapter 13||

*Long Chapter Ahead*

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive,and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born" - Anias Nin

By the time the aternoon had finally rolled around, I felt somewhat drained but yet still giddy at the thought of seeing Elijah train, especially in those fitted pants. I'd probably be far too distracted to get any work done when he was out there.

Shaking my head as an attempt to clear my thoughts, ones which seemed to naughtily surround Elijah Hastings. I shot a bored and wary glance at the group of cheerleaders that sat not too far away from me as I planted my self down unto the bleachers with a huff.

Nicole, Amara and Trina were the trio that almost all the girls at Crystal Gates High wish they were. Note, the key word bring almost, I for one couldn't care to be as manipulative and evil as they were. Sure they were pretty but I've watched those three girls single handedly ruin lives throughout the past years here. Every girl knew better than to become their new target, you'd never hear the end of it.

"Hey Tamara!" I heard one of them call but I didn't bother to turn around to see who they were addressing as I slipped out a textbook from my bag.

"Toni!" The voice repeated.

"Hey loser!" Another tried and it was only then I'd noticed that they now stood directly before me. It seemed that they had been trying to gain my attention for the past few minutes.

Frowning as I glanced up at them, I spoke, "It's Tessa." I replied sharply.

"What's up with you and Elijah Hastings?" Amara asked, cutting to the chase as she popped a gum in her mouth.

I raised a questioning eyebrow at her statement. Of course they'd come ro ask about Elijah. Whay else would they want from me?

"Not that it's any of your business but Elijah and I are just friends."

Trina let out a nasty laugh at my response, flipping her auburn hair over her shoulder as her eyes narrowed at me. "One is not simply friends with Elijah honey. The boy is absolute sex on legs, it's just a shame that he doesn't talk much."

I snorted at her description of Elijah as I shook my head. What was the matter with these girls?

"Even if he was more open, I doubt thay he'd be interested in any of you."

"And you think he'd want you? You're way out of his league Tricia." Amara spat, a glint in her eye allowing me to be aware she messed up my name on purpose.

"So are you Alice." I played along.

"Whatever. All we're saying is that you should stay away from him. He can do so much better than you."

"As I said before, we're just friends. There's no need for you all to go ape shit on me."

"We're just playing it safe Tessa. The last thing we want is someone like you getting in our way when it comes to Elijah."

"Is there a problem here ladies?" A voice that I easily recognized as Elijah's asked cooly.

Immediately, fake smiles were slapped unto the trio's faces, replacing their previous glower as they faced Elijah.

"Not a problem Eli." Amara was the one to answer. I hated the way she said the shortened version of his name. For some reason, it bothered me.

Not bothering to reply to her, he took a defensive stance beside me, "Are you okay Tess?"