Chapter 29||*

'We all deserve to be selfish sometimes
-A.C.P

The minute Elijah clambered through my window later that evening, I was on my feet, my arms wrapping tightly around his back as I held on for dear life. I immediately found comfort in the warmth of his embrace as his arms entrapped me tightly.

I hadn't been able to calm my racing heart from the minute I'd discovered that box outside earlier. I was on edge and shaky and absolutely terrified.

"Hey, hey Tess. It's okay," Elijah tried reassuring me as his hand comfortingly rubbed against my back. My earlier anger for him had disappeared almost immediately and all I could focus on was how safe I felt with him here.

"They've been watching me," I said in a muffled voice, considering my face was still pressed against his solid chest.

"Where is it?" He asked as I finally pulled away from him.

I pointed to the box that was now stashed away under my computer table in the far corner of my room. Elijah quickly made his way over, opening the box as he cursed under his breath in disgust and shock at his findings.

Pictures. There were so many pictures of me that were taken unknowingly. Pictures of me at school, outside my house and the hospital, some even including Elijah but the worst of it were those that were taken of me in the comfort of my bedroom, half dressed in nothing but my undergarments. I felt violated and so disgusted with myself.

"Fuck!" Elijah cursed as he flung the box to the ground harshly, his hand reaching up to tug at his curls in anger.

"How is it possible for them to-"

"Do you always fucking change with the curtains open?" Elijah asked as he turned his heated gaze towards me. He was angry at me.

"W-what?" I stuttered.

"It wouldn't kill you to be cautious, Tessa," He argued as he pointedly closed the windows and curtains of my bedroom which were still open. "At this point you're just fucking asking for it!"

"Oh, I'm sorry, I had no idea I was supposed to be aware that some creep was going to violate my privacy like that!"

"That's not what I'm saying," He sighed heavily.

"It sure sounds like it."

"I'm sorry," He mumbled as he solemnly sat at the edge of my bed, his hands reaching up to cradle his head, elbows pressed against his knees in distress.

"What if they share these pictures? What more do you have for you father? Why is he so keen on making our lives hell?" I asked in a shaky voice.

Just the thought of the pictures getting out made a bile rise in my throat. Those pictures exposed the most intimate parts of my body and I'd probably fucking die at the thought of anyone else seeing those.

"No one will see those fucking pictures Tessa. You have my word."

"How can you be so sure? Is there something you're not telling me?"

"There is actually but you need to promise me that you won't get mad," He said as his eyes met mine.

"Elijah," I pressed cautiously.

"I've paid off my father for awhile now. The money is no longer the problem, Tess. He doesn't want that anymore."

"Then what does he want?" I asked almost scared of the answer.

"Me. He wants me Tess."

"You're not making sense," I said as I now sat beside him on the bed.

"He wants me to work for the guy he's been dealing with. He's been pressing me with threatening letters to mum, Emily and especially you," He explained.