Chapter 12. A Night Out {1}

Irena

"That's not very polite isn't it?" I heard a male voice uttering those words.

I froze on the spot and dropped whatever I had in my hands before turning around my eyes locking straight with his. I couldn't believe that he was standing in front of me. I didn't know that he was going to be here at this time.

"M-Mr.Campell." I said stammering.

The way he was looking at me was working on my insides...

"What was your name again?" He said.

I looked down on the floor while playing with my fingers not knowing what to say.

"Irena.." I finally said whispering.

"What was that again?"

"Irena Dawson," I said this time much louder than it was before because he couldn't hear me.

"So tell me Irena Dawson, what does a girl like you have to seek here in my office, were you looking through my stuff?" He said while one eyebrow made its way upwards.

I honestly didn't know what I had to say to him. How could I say that I was only here to deliver my assignment to him... But instead of saying something I was frozen unable to utter a word to him. Then completely out of nowhere, he started laughing. Why the hell why was he laughing...

"I-I," I said stammering I couldn't get the whole sentences out.

"Y-You what?" He said mockingly.

..

"I was here to deliver the assignment, sir," I said while nervously putting a strand of hair behind my ear.

"The Assignment? You finished it that quickly the due date is next week why so early?" He asked while raising an eyebrow and stroking his beard at the same time. I didn't know what was happening to me, but the action was very distracting for some strange reason.

"I just wanted it to get done sir nothing serious."

...

"Nothing serious? Well, let's see what you made out of the assignment." He then said while grabbing the assignment from the table. I was shocked by his actions because it was so abrupt. I didn't even have the time to think. As he was skipping through it and looking carefully at what I had delivered I saw a smirk working its way up to his mouth. When I saw where he was stopped I wasn't surprised to see that he was looking at the drawing that I made of my dream house.

"You made this?" He said while eyeing the drawing that I had made.

I nodded.

"It's perfect." He said whispering.

I was looking at him with something I couldn't quite decipher. There was this glint in his eyes that I hadn't seen before, I mean heck I barely knew the man so it was obvious I couldn't know these things but still.

"So your definition of a dream house has a big garden where you can plant your flowers and fruits and have a big library in it. Those are the things that stand out to me. But all in all the message is pretty clear when I look at your drawing. You are a family person.." He said whispering the last part.