Chapter 1. The Trip

Irena

"Come on... we are going to be late for class,'' I said pulling at her sleeves.

''But I don't want to go,'' Christina whined.

''We have to go, or else Mr.Derrick is going to be so mad at us for not coming to class. We already missed all of his other classes for this week. And you know how he can be'' I tried reasoning with her.

"Irena, you're such a pain in the ass.'' she said pouting.

I rolled my eyes.

''I'm a pain in the ass? Who are you fooling, get your lazy ass up right now, you hear me.''

''This isn't fun,'' Christina whined.

''Life, at this point, isn't about having fun. It's about graduating. I don't know about you, but for me, there is a future that I would like to have.''

''If you say so," Christina said.

"I know so'' I said winking at her.

"Don't you want to have a nice, peaceful and happy life? One, in which, you can do whatever you feel like? I feel like life has something in store for me. And I can't wait to be part of it.''

''How can you be so certain about things and happy at the same time, Irena? Seriously. Where do you get the motivation like I want to have it you know."

"It's not about motivation. It's about setting a goal for yourself for the future.'' I said

''Well thank you for reminding me, Mum. I will do better next time." She then said

''Good my child" And we both laughed.

"Are you ready yet Christina?'' I said sighing.

''What is taking you so long? I'm not going to drive you if you are going to be this long in your room.'' I said while putting my hands on my hips something she could not see anyway.

''Would you calm down for a minute please, I'm almost done!'' she said screaming from the other side of the room.

''Almost done? That is what you said thirty minutes ago too!'' I said screaming back at her

To what do I owe this friend? I questioned myself.

"I'm all done Irena'' she said coming out of her room.

''Finally, let's go, we only have like twenty minutes left to arrive at Mr. Derrick's class. It's the only class we have to be on time for and we still manage to be late for his class'' I said rubbing my hands over my face in annoyance.

''I don't think he's going to buy it if we say that something happened'' I mean like we were always late for his class, it was not normal anymore, it was never the other classes that we had, nope it always had to be his class.

''Relax .. let's just tell him that we got stuck in traffic maybe he will buy it?'' Christina said not sure herself either

''It was already bad enough that we didn't go to his classes the past weeks, and now we can't even make it on time'' I said still not quite getting why weren't even moving at all, at the moment.

"So then.. less talking and more of the moving'' she said shooing me out of the living room, but not before grabbing our stuff in the process.

I mean it's already bad enough that we can't even make it on time. It would be really bad if we couldn't even bring our stuff with us.

''How long do we have?'' I said taking the keys out of her hand and walking to my car. Almost running if it weren't for the car that was driving past us just moments ago.