Chapter 11. Irena Kira Dawson

Christopher

When I walked out of that door, I finally felt some kind of relief. Something was urging me to get back inside that room and wipe that disbelief off of that girl's face. But instead of doing so, I was waiting in front of that door, deciding whether I should go home, or finish up some work I left on my desk from yesterday. I couldn't quite decide, and it wasn't the first time I was having these kinds of problems.

Finally coming to a decision I made my way over to my office, walked in, and closed the door right behind me with a loud thud for everyone to be heard of. I made my way over to my chair and leaned back. I needed to have this moment of relaxation before all the drama started all over again. And by drama, I meant, those students, my personal life, and everything else surrounding it.

God, everything is so exhausting, I thought groaning while rubbing one hand across my face. I need a long break after I get through all of this.

I only need to close my eyes for like a few minutes, then I can go back to working again. I only had my eyes closed for what? three seconds before my phone went off several times signaling that I had gotten a message from not one but multiple people. God, why is my life so complicated? Can't I just have one moment of peace and silence?

I rubbed my eyes a few times to see whoever had texted me. Unlocking my phone, my eyes read the name several times, before I started to shake slowly but violently at the same time.  My mind was racing a hundred miles per hour, as different things started to cross over in my mind.

Why was she texting me?

Unknown Number: Christopher.

That was the only thing written, my name and nothing else. I just knew it had to be her she was the only one who knew this number by heart, apart from a few people that I have given it but that should be it.
I have never changed it ever since then, maybe I should reconsider... Then all of a sudden I started to get angry, why was she texting me? First that stupid call and now that fucking message. I wasn't fucking with her, and I wasn't planning to do so now.

I searched in my drawer for some liquor till my phone started buzzing. Great, so much for having a little bit of time for myself I thought groaning. I looked at the screen and immediately let out a frustrated sigh. Why can't this brother of mine leave me the fuck alone? After three times ringing I decided to pick up the phone.

"What do you want?!"

...

"That's not a nice way to pick up the phone isn't it brother.." He said tauntingly after some time.

I wasn't up for his shit.

"And here I ask you again, what do you want, i'm kind of busy right now."

He sighed deeply before coming out with it.

"I need you to do something for me."

Does he need me to do something for him? What am I his assistant, whatever he wants me to do he can ask someone else to do it for him. Nor am I in the mood for it, nor would I do it for him.

"Are you still there Chris?"

"Look I don't know what the hell you want me to do, but go find someone else to do it for you," I said before I hung up the phone in his ear.

I threw my phone on my desk and then stood up from where I was sitting. How can he expect me to do something for him? Like we have some kind of special bond. He can forget about it. After like five minutes or something my phone started ringing again. Without looking at the caller ID, I shouted;