Chapter 18: The Campell Enterprise

Christopher

"She needs your help Christopher.." He says with a somber look on his face.

I sigh deeply before running a hand through my hair I step aside so that he can come in. After I closed the door behind me I walked to the living room where I was eating my dinner.

"I see that you were busy eating?" Raul says to me while chuckling lightly.

"Why are you stating the obvious?" I say while taking a seat I want to finish my dinner, but he disturbed that.

...

"Right. Christopher like I said before needs your help.."

"Why the fuck does she need my help? Why can't she ask him." I state calmly

To calm for my liking.

Raul just smiled like an idiot before looking down on the floor. He went to the kitchen grabbed himself a glass then walked over to me before reaching for the wine bottle that I had placed on my table. I watched him pour the drink before looking over at me. I was seriously wondering what in the world he was doing here. She was my past and the past needed to be hidden for good. That included him as well.

"What?" I ask while stuffing some food in my mouth.

"Nothing."

"Why does she need my help Raul you know she and I aren't together anymore," I say while swallowing my food.

"She has been using again.." He whispers.

"And what? That is now my problem?" I ask putting my food away.

He looked down on the floor before looking up at me.

"Christopher.. you know that is not what I mean she only ever listened to you, she doesn't listen to any of us."

...

"She told me that you called her.." He then continues when I say nothing.

"It didn't mean a thing I was just going through some shit, it's one of the biggest mistakes I have ever made," I say while standing up making my way over to the kitchen I grab a glass of water before I return to the couch.

..

"It's getting late you are lucky that I am still talking to you right now."

"There's no need to act like a complete enemy to me Christopher I mean we were once like brothers." He then says

"Yeah, you said that right once."

"Right..are you going to help me I mean help her I mean you guys were once in love.. that should matter right?"

I honestly don't fucking know where he wants to go with his story but it is annoying me.

"I will have to think about it Raul you know I can't, she has done too many things."

"But so have you! And she still forgave you!" He says raising his voice a little bit more towards me.