Chapter 14. The Party

Christopher

As I was walking around in my house contemplating what I would be wearing tonight my mind wandered back to that girl.

I had never met anyone in my entire life who was so dedicated to school. Not even I was that dedicated when I was still studying. So seeing her being like that had awoken my curiosity even more..

It didn't help that there was nothing more that I could know about. My mind was full of that girl and if I was going to keep thinking about her I would surely lose it.

In the meantime, I was looking for something to eat but there wasn't anything in the house. Monica the maid forgot to do the groceries. If I would see her then I would surely say something to her. I had gotten a text message from one of my friends saying that he wanted to meet me and the other guys at his house for a small gathering talking about not having seen us in a while.

The reason why we haven't seen each other was because of work and our personal lives but that didn't matter to us men. We would hang out whenever we got the chance. And today was probably that day. Whenever we hung out it would be tradition to bring something if we hadn't seen each other in a long time. I was thinking of a bottle of champagne for Isaac but for that to bring I had to go to the mall since Monica had forgotten to do the groceries and when she usually would do it she would bring always some kind of alcohol for me with her. Just as I was thinking about her she seemed to be appearing.

''Ah, Monica good to see you I am heading out to take care of the house I will be back very late so don't wait up for me. You can close everything up. I am meeting my friend Isaac at his place today'' I said while looking at her.

"Ok, Sir is there anything you would like me to do before you leave?"

"You can do the groceries since you forgot to do that," I say while giving her a deadly look.

"I-I'm so sorry Sir, I completely forgot to do that I was busy cleaning the house I hadn't paid attention to the grocery shopping please accept my apologies," She said all trembling.

"That's fine Monica don't need to worry about that but make sure it won't happen again or else I will have to fire you," I said giving her a final warning. I wouldn't hesitate to hire another maid if I had to. It was like I was addicted to firing people I couldn't seem to help myself.

"It won't happen again Mr.Campell I will see you tomorrow."

After that was clear I walked out of my house got to my car and drove off to the mall. I needed to get that champagne. As I parked and got out of the car I immediately noticed all the stares and sudden whispers that I was getting. I was so used to all of that, that I did not take a moment to even look their way. I walked straight by them.  I was not even being arrogant it helped all the time. Especially if I was with my friends then it would be really bad. Everything would increase by a thousand.

"Look at him.."

"Yes. I know he is so handsome right.." I heard somewhere behind me and of course, the usual giggling that I was quite used to. When would it ever stop? I think never. I was this close to that store when I noticed two girls walking in the direction that I was going.

When I noticed those familiar features of those girls I couldn't help but focus in on them. For some reason, I was once again completely distracted. The girl next to her didn't go unnoticed by me. She was very different than her friend.

I was distracted but not distracted enough when I noticed a group of guys circling Ms.Dawson and her friend. The way that guy was approaching her was all red flags. The moment he touched her without her consent was the moment it made me very angry. No fucking man should lay his hands on a girl without her permission. Not ever.