Chapter 16. I Choose You

Christopher

I watched her drink her water repeatedly and to be honest, it was quite bothering me. Why was she? She didn't have that much alcohol in her system it shouldn't be affecting her. I didn't understand one bit of it. But I couldn't look away my mind was still focused on her. She looked like she was about to faint so without thinking I placed my hand on her shoulder. She turned around to look at me and I just kept staring at her with a very focused look.

"Ms. Dawson, are you alright? Because you don't seem ok to me." I said while examining her from head to toe.

"I am fine."

I didn't believe her. She was not looking ok. Something was going on with her and I couldn't seem to figure out whatever it was. And I usually always do. It wasn't that hard. But with her. I couldn't seem to make out whatever it was. But one thing I did know for sure, something was bothering her. And I was determined to figure out whatever that was.

"Don't lie to me, I don't like liars." I suddenly said with a lot of venom. I didn't like that she was lying to me. I mean it was so obvious that she was. So why did she bother trying? I wanted to punish her for lying to me. My mind was running with a lot of things. A lot of shit.

"I am not lying." She said.

She grabbed her water and started drinking again. I scoffed. She was telling me that she was fine but did she think that she could fool me? That I would believe her?

"If you lie one more time-" I couldn't complete my sentence because of Julian.

"It's Irena right?" He said.

Oh, fuck me.

"Y-yes Irena."

There it is again that stammering I thought while getting annoyed.

"That's what I thought, my name is Julian." He said while sticking his hand out.

Oh, come on for crying out loud. Was he doing this?!

"Hello Julian, nice to meet you." She said while shaking his hand.

"Likewise Irena, do you mind if I join the conversation you and Christopher were having?" He then asked her while grabbing a chair to sit next to me. I looked at him. Was he out of his mind he knew better than this?

"What were you guys talking about?"

This idiot knew how to push my buttons.

I remained silent for the sake of Ms.Dawson I didn't want her to be scared of me. But things could go left if I decided to say something. I was trying not to say anything to him. Remembering the keyword trying.

"N-nothing actually.." She said so scaredly I didn't understand why the hell she was so afraid of stammering all the time. I just looked at Julian though I didn't focus on her anymore. He knew exactly what the fuck I was thinking right now. And he still chose to continue with this shit. I was so fucking angry I could choke him.

"I see you are the quiet type aren't you?"

Motherfucker.

He could only go this far with me and right now I was so angry I could kill him for as long as I could care.

After a lot of trying to stay calm, I decided to interfere with this bullshit conversation he was pestering her with. Acting as if I wasn't sitting here.

"What is it that you want Julian?!" I said giving him an angry look he knew exactly what he was doing and I was letting Julian know that he shouldn't be doing this right now.