twenty three.

Orion hated the floo more than most things in this world. He hated the weird pulling it made on your gut, he hated the spinning, he hated everything about it. He even hated the fact that it was green. But today, today it was alright because it meant Sirius would be at Grimmauld when he got there.

"So, when are we leaving?" Orion was practically bouncing on his heels as he waited in Remus' office.

Remus hummed as he checked the clock. "Twenty minutes." he smiled and ruffled his son's hair. "I'm glad you're excited."

Excited was an understatement. His skin was absolutely thrumming as he rocked back and forth on his heels, looking at all of the various items around Remus' office. He was urgent to get there, he didn't like the idea of Sirius alone in that house. Not when he knew what happened there. The thought made him shudder a bit, pacing impatiently as he waited for Remus to finish packing. He jumped slightly as the door to his office banged open.

"Surprise!" it was George, of course. "Sorry, Ced wouldn't stop griping." he chuckled to himself, "Anyways, you left your quidditch jumper on his bed." he smiled and looked over at Remus. "Uh.. Prof if you could look away for a second." George gave a sheepish smile.

Remus chuckled and made a point to turn his back on the two. George pressed the jumper (that Orion could've sworn he'd packed) into the boy's hands and leaned down to kiss his boyfriend firmly on the lips. It was short lived but left them both slightly breathless and hazy when they pulled back. They looked at each other with dopey smiles before hugging tightly.

"Promise you'll visit this summer? Mum'll throw a fit if she doesn't see you at least once." George looked down at him with puppy dog eyes.

"We'll see if I can swing it." Orion chuckled faintly. "Now go, I won't wanna leave with you looking at me like that." he smiled softly and gently rubbed his freckled cheek.

"Love you.." George whispered softly and kissed Orion's forehead before pulling away to leave.

"Love you too." he called after the redhead. "Oh, don't look at me like that." Orion laughed, feeling his father's eyes on him.

Remus and chuckled and shook his head as he put the last of his things into his trunk. He sighed as he shrunk it down, putting it into his pocket before doing a small circle to look around his office one last time.

"Wonder who's gonna take the position next year." Remus frowned and shook his head. "Ready?"

Orion nodded and patted his pockets to make sure his shrunken trunk was in there. After staring down at the jumper for a second, he laughed softly as he realized it was Cedric's. It was clear from the captain's patch secured off to the side of the chest. Sneaky bastard, always complaining about Orion stealing it and then sending him off with it every summer. He smiled a bit as he tugged it on, the knit fitting looser than his own.

The teen took one last look at the office as well before following Remus out the door. He was looking forward to being able to sleep off last night's transformation in a big bed in his own room. He loved Cedric, but boy was he the most annoying sleeper ever. Constantly taking in his sleep and occasional snoring. Entertaining, though not conducive to a good night's sleep. Especially not when silencing charms didn't even work because he moved around too much and would kick his bed curtains open.

"I'll be sad to see you go Remus." Mcgonagall smiled and lightly squeezed the man's shoulder. "Mr. Rosier, I'll see you in the fall." she gave him a warm motherly smile and handed him the envelope of his O.W.L.s results. "I'll be in touch if any plans for next year change."

"Yes ma'am." Orion smiled up at his professor, resisting the weird urge to hug her.

"Well, I'm sure you boys know how this works. Off you go." she sighed, smiling a bit as she waved them towards the floo.