twenty eight.

Sirius was.. worried, to say the least. At first, the idiot was wildly excited and wouldn't shut up about the damn tournament. Then however, Harry found out the first trial was dragons and the man lost it a little bit. He was going through every book on dragons known to man trying to find spells used to combat them. Like father, like son it seems. Orion however, was more controlled in his worry. While Sirius was forward and doting, Orion would subtly drop pointers into conversation. He'd even managed a fire call with Charlie and learned a few helpful tips.

Cedric had decided his best bet was distraction while Harry.. Well, Harry was completely lost on anything he should do whatsoever. That was by far the most stressful thing for the Black and Rosier men. Remus was worried, he just was better at hiding it. He also figured being subtle in his worry kept everyone else calm because everyone knows it's a real shit show if Remus Lupin is worried about it.

"Harry, I've got an idea." Orion hummed as he sat down across from the boy. "Look." he pointed, laying a book in front of him.

Harry nodded slowly as he read it. "So, dragon scales cannot be penetrated by any form of magic, lest it be cast with an amplifier." he read aloud and looked up. "So, I'm fucked is what this is saying."

"I- You blithering idiot don't say that." Orion reached over and smacked Harry on the back of the head. "Just keep the book and read more." he sighed, feeling far too much like a parent.

Orion left the library, starting to feel a measure of sympathy for Remus. After all, the man did have to raise him and somehow managed to get through the 'why' phase. And far more taxing stages such as when Orion didn't speak for the year after Sirius was arrested.

Shaking his head to rid the thought, Orion sighed and went to go find hopefully at least one of his friends. Company was scarce this days, Cedric busy preparing and the twins busy making bets and selling various things. Little shits. So, Orion was not surprised when he didn't find any of the boys nearby, being far too exhausted to take a full loop of the castle. Sighing, he ended up going back to his room and taking a nap to rid himself of the queasy feeling of anxiety.

He woke up some hours later to fingers brushing through his hair and the sound of someone speaking under their breath. Rubbing at his eyes, Orion opened them to be met with a book. It moved aside with a soft chuckle, revealing Cedric smiling down at him.

"Hey. You were shivering so I tried to cover you up." Cedric chuckled "You just yanked me into bed with you." he hummed and kept running his fingers through Orion's hair.

"Was wondering why I was having dreams about snow." Orion chuckled and rubbed his eyes, sitting up slowly. "Shit, did I sleep through dinner?" Orion Rosier, perpetually hungry.

Chuckling, Cedric shook his head. "No, you woke up just in time actually."

"Thank all that is good in this world.." Orion mumbled as he got up to change his rumpled clothes for dinner.

Thankfully it was Sunday, so robes weren't required during meals. Shivering slightly, Orion tugged on a pair of thick trousers and one of Remus' jumpers he'd managed to nab over the years over his shirt. To be quite honest: Orion had felt awful over the past couple days, there were just too many things going on and he didn't want to bring it up.

"Hey, you hear me? I asked if you were ready to go." Cedric had a small frown on his face.

"Huh? Oh.. Yeah, let me get my shoes on real quick." he sighed and tugged on some socks and a pair of loafers.

However, Cedric would not stop sending Orion skeptical and worried glances all throughout dinner. He kept quiet until George was asking Orion to come back to Gryffindor tower, stepping forward with something about how 'it wasn't a good idea because it was late' and how 'we have class early tomorrow.' Orion was most definitely having none of it, being babied was his biggest pet peeve.