seven.

It was official, George was avoiding Orion. At first, the lycanthrope wasn't sure. It had started out with George not looking at him when he tried to make conversation. Then, George stopped asking Orion to sit at the Gryffindor table at lunch. Now the tosser was avoiding him at all costs. It was tortue. Orion had been trying to tell George his feelings were reciprocated for weeks, but any time he got close to George the guy practically sprinted in the opposite direction. The full moon was close, as well was Halloween. Orion knew that if Remus hadn't offered up wolfsbane potion, this moon would probably kill him. It was always bad when he was upset, and to say he was upset right now was an understatement.

"Jesus Orion.." Fred sighed as he stood behind him at the Hufflepuff table. "You look like shit." Orion just hummed in agreement, he knew the redhead was right. "Merlin be- you guys need to sort this out already. George is being a right prat and I don't like seeing you upset." Fred nudged a first-year aside to sit next to Orion.

"Then you should be talking to him, not me." Orion mumbled into his breakfast. "I've tried talking to him, multiple times." he frowned and shook his head. "It's no use. Besides, I'm going to Hogsmeade with Alicia today." the Hufflepuff smiled at that, he figured if George was gonna hang on Angelina the past couple weeks he could do the same with Alicia.

Fred frowned a bit. "Well, maybe that will get George to stop being an idiot.." he sighed before going back to the Gryffindor table.

Orion watched him, smiling and waving back as Alicia waved to him. He finished his toast and stood, pointing to the door. She nodded and got up to follow. He pretended not to notice George staring at him.

It was a Saturday, so Orion had ditched his hand me down school robes in favour of a hoodie and a
corduroy jacket. It was cold though, so he pulled on a wooly cap as he met Alicia at the door. She practically beamed up at him. The Gryffindor chaser was dressed similarly, but had her quidditch jumper under her jacket rather than a hoodie.

"You ready for the match next month? I hear we're playing you guys cause Malfoy's got a broken arm." She snickered and shook her head as they made their way to Hogsmeade.

"Yeah," He sighed and shook his head, "Ced told me Oliver tried to get you guys the pitch every day leading up to the game." Orion chuckled. "I swear he'd live in the locker rooms if he could."

Alicia snorted at that and nodded. "He almost killed George the other day cause he was all mopey. Do you by any chance know what's up with him? He's being a right ass and won't stop moping in the common room."

"No, no I don't." Orion frowned, his jaw clenched slightly.

They walked the rest of the way in companionable silence, occasionally bumping shoulders as they walked. Once they got there, they made their way to Honeyduke's. Orion smiled at the familiar smell of sweets, it reminded him of the stories his father told him of the marauders sneaking out to the sweets shop despite the looming threat of death eaters.

They spent a few hours in the sweets shop, sitting at one of the tables and talking as they ate candy and drank butterbeer. It was nice, it sure was a good break from his moping the past couple weeks. He'd always been comfortable around Alicia, she was easy to talk to and funny. He looked up as the other Hogwarts students were starting to leave and head back to school.

"We should get back, c'mon." Alicia smiled and stood, offering her hand to Orion. She didn't let go after he stood up and held it on the way back to Hogwarts. Only, they didn't go straight back and it wasn't long before Orion was pulled into an alleyway and pressed against the wall.

"A-Alicia.. What are you doing? We'll be in trouble if we don't get back s-" Orion was cut off with her lips against his.

At first it was alright, but then she got more into it and Orion found he definitely did not enjoy it as much. It was sloppy, and wet, and just a bit gross. And honestly Orion had no clue what to do with his hands, so they were just awkwardly pinned at his sides. It was only when he felt Alicia's tongue against his lips that he pushed her away and wiped his mouth with a slight frown. He looked a bit exasperated as he shuffled down the wall to get away from her.