nine.

It'd been a week since the night in the alchemy classroom, and it had passed in pure bliss. I was full of stolen kisses whenever they were alone or in an alcove of a mostly empty hallways. But now, it was the night before Halloween and Orion was arguing with his father.

"I'm not a child anymore! And what, you think dad's just gonna fucking show up and cast an unspeakable on me?!" they were in Remus' empty classroom, a silencing charm up. They'd gotten in a fight after he said Orion wasn't allowed to go with Cedric and the twins to the nearest muggle town to go trick or treating. It was more so because Remus said no on the grounds that Sirius was out of prison.

"Orion Scorpius Rosier!" he frowned a bit at his raised voice. "Watch your language." he sighed and rubbed at the bridge of his nose. "Y'know what? Fine. If nothing happens tomorrow, you and your friends can go." Remus ran his hands over his face. "You know I don't enjoy arguing with you."

"I'm sorry, for shouting.." Orion practically deflated, sitting on one of the desks in the classroom. His voice wouldn't have been audible if it hadn't been for the echo in the large classroom. He stood and made his way over to his father, wrapping his arms around him and tucking his head into his shoulder.

Remus sighed and held him, frowning a bit. "Go, you'll be late for dinner." he smiled softly and ruffled his son's hair. "I'm pretty sure your band of miscreants would tear the castle apart."

Orion chuckled and nodded, sighing a bit as he waved to his father before going down for dinner. Before he made it to the great hall, he was pulled into an alcove by a rather rambunctious redhead. He barely had enough time to realize who it was before there were lips on his. It was slightly harsh and already heated. George had him pressed up against the wall and his hands on his face, Orion his hands in George's hair.

"George.. George, we can't, we gotta go." he whispered, blushing faintly. Their faces still so close together that their lips brushed when he spoke, George still trying to kiss him. "Hey, hey. Come on, we can do this later.." he pulled away and panted lightly.

"Later." George agreed breathily, pulling back and straightening out their clothes.

Only, there was no later. Not for a bad reason, Orion just fell asleep on the couch of the Gryffindor common room. He had his head in George's lap, who was also asleep, his head tossed back onto the headrest of the couch. There had been a blanket over them, but it'd been kicked off at some point because it was too much with the heat of the fire.

"Mr. Lu-" Mcgonagall almost laughed when she realized. The boys really were just the Marauders over again. "Mr. Rosier, you need to return to your own common room." her voice was kind and gentle, she couldn't bring herself to be upset at the rule breaking when it reminded her so much of her boys.

"Oh.." Orion sat up and rubbed at his eyes, giving the Gryffindor head of house a sheepish smile. "Sorry Professor Mcgonagall, won't happen again.." he mumbled groggily and stood.

"I'd rather you not lie to me Mr. Rosier." she gave him a knowing smile before turning to leave.

"Merlin.. She didn't even take house points from me.." he mumbled as he made his way out of the portrait hole.

-

The boy sighed shakily as he opened his trunk, wiping his eyes with the back of his hand. He carefully reached in and grabbed his notebook from the bottom. He hated the way his hands shook as he opened the front cover to look at the photograph that sat inside. Happy, smiling faces greeted him. He could almost hear their laughter. Orion still remember it so clearly. James' laugh was just as loud as the rest of him, it always sounded as if he'd been trying to hold it back before finally letting it loose. Lily's was soft and more melodic, and she'd always cover her mouth like she shouldn't be laughing. Remus usually just snickered, but when you really got him going it was this full belly laugh that made him toss his head back and tear up. And Sirius, well it seemed Sirius was always laughing. It was this sweet, childlike laugh that was honestly more of a giggle, and when he got going it was always a hassle to get him to stop. They'd always figured it'd been because there wasn't much to laugh about in the Black household.