twenty seven.

It'd been almost two months since the start of term and the energy around the school had yet to mellow out. Students were practically vibrating with excitement over the Tournament. There were rumours of the older students brewing liquid luck so their name would be chosen. Orion was glad there were a select few who thought it was complete idiocy to even contemplate putting their name in the Goblet.

Obviously, Orion's band of idiots were plying to put their names in. It had been all of six hours since they'd woken up to the tallest Goblet in existence. He'd been surprised anyone could even reach to put their little slips into the opening. And yet Cedric had cleared the rim perfectly fine, dropping in his slip and looking rather evil as he smiled in the glow of the flames.

They were watching Fred and George attempt their third scheme to get their names in. First they'd tried just walking past the age line, only to smack straight into it. Second they'd had Cedric place their slips in, only for them to burst into flames. Now they were trying an age potion, pointedly ignoring Hermione's acknowledgement of the flaws in their plan.

"Y'know, she's most definitely right. However, I am widely bored. So, proceed." Orion leaned back and smiled up at the twins from where he sat.

"Ye of so little faith." Fred admonished, shaking his head.

Everyone watched as the twin's linked elbows to down their respective age potions. Orion had a small, amused smirk on his face, though it quickly morphed into slight shock when they passed the age line. There is absolutely no way.. This particular thought was confirmed when the twins were blasted back from the Goblet. And of course, just their luck, they looked about as old as Dumbledore.

"Now I'm not going to say I told you so.." Orion smirked as he and Cedric helped the twins to Gryffindor tower.

"Oh, I absolutely think you should." Cedric chuckled and ruffled George's wild grey hair.

They dumped the twins on their bunks, stepping back to get another good look at them. It took all of two seconds before Cedric and Orion were doubled over with laughter, clutching at each other in attempt to keep from falling over. The twins were not pleased, to say the least.

"Could you two quit it and change us back." George all but whined. "I'm not even a redhead anymore, this is too weird."

"Well, seeing as I don't fancy dating an old man." Orion wheezed, wiping at his eyes. "I suppose I'll give you two the reversal potion. You're lucky I knew this wouldn't work." he raised an eyebrow.

The boys mumbled halfhearted gratitudes as they were handed the reversal potion. Slightly admonished that the potion wouldn't work immediately, they decided to take a nap until they were back to their usual gingery selves. Hearing them gripe about needing to be ginger again was far too entertaining so the two Hufflepuffs decided to remove themselves. Totally not because they didn't wanna be caught in Gryffindor tower during school hours, totally not that.

"So, you going to put your name in the Goblet?" Cedric smiled, nudging Orion with his shoulder

"No. And I told you to drop it." he sighed and ran his fingers through his curls.

Cedric just frowned. "I just don't understand, you turn 17 before the first trial. It's a huge honor to even have the Goblet consider your name!"

"They told me I'd be a danger to the other students, okay! Happy now?" Orion really didn't want to get angry, but after two months of constant badgering he was at his end.

"Oh.. Shit, Orion wait up, I'm sorry!" Cedric sighed and jogged after the other boy.

"No.. No, just.. I need a minute, I'm not mad at you." he mustered a small smile before continuing down to the Hufflepuff dorms.