3. stuck with me

Today was the day, today Aurora, Bonnie, Damon, and unfortunately Kai are escaping this prison world. After 4 months, Aurora finally gets to see Caroline again, she wonders how's she doing with her life; is she okay? Is she happy? Has she moved on from her sisters death? Thoughts were racing through Aurora's mind, she couldn't wait to get back and hug Caroline ever so tight and never let go of her.  

They were walking in the woods and meeting Kai so they could prepare for the eclipse later and go home, Damon was whistling along happily. "You're happy" Aurora says looking at him. "I have a hot date with my girl tonight" Damon says. Bonnie and Aurora roll their eyes, "That's if Kai is telling the truth" Aurora says walking ahead of them. "I'm thinking dinner and a movie" Damon says ignoring Aurora's comment. "You know what? Screw the dinner and the movie, skip straight to the good part" he adds, Aurora put a disgusted look on her face.

"That's if I can do the spell which I won't know until I see it" Bonnie says. "We don't even know if we can trust him, Damon. Who's to say he won't screw us over" Aurora says turning around and facing the two. "I said. Because I will kill Kai and anyone who comes in the way of me going home" Damon says using the stick he was holding as a sword. Kai comes out from the trees, "I heard my name. All good, I hope" he says looking up to the sky. "The eclipse will happen directly overhead. In perfect alignment with the Gemini constellation. You need to dig into the tunnels below us. We'll do the spell there" he says looking at Damon.

"Why?" Bonnie says confused. Kai looks at them with a fake dumb look, "Have you never portal-jumped through an eclipse before?" he says. "Obviously not" Aurora replies. "Look the light of the eclipse will shine down and activate the ascendant. You spout a little witchy woo and then poof anyone standing in the circle of light holding the ascendant goes home" Kai explains gesturing to the ascendant placed in his hand. "By witchy woo I assume you mean the spell" Bonnie says. Kai nods, "Let's me see it" Bonnie asks. Kai shakes his head, "When the time comes" he responds walking in the direction they came.

"Where are you going?" Damon asks following his walk. "Into town. I need to gather some important supplies" Kai replies turning around and walking away. "Go with him" Damon says to Aurora. Her eyes widen, "What why?" she responds. "Because I don't trust him, and it's not like he can siphon anything to hurt you since you have no magic yourself" Damon says pushing Aurora in the direction Kai went.
"No, I'm not going" Aurora says crossing her arms. "Just do this for us Aurora" Damon says angrily.

"She doesn't have to do anything" Bonnie defends Aurora. Damon turns and looks at her, "We don't trust Kai, we need someone to go after him make sure he doesn't screw us over" Damon says standing in front of Bonnie. "Yeah but putting Aurora in danger isn't the way. Kai can't leave here, he has no magic. We're his only way out as he is ours" Bonnie argues back. Aurora scoffs and follows in the direction Kai went, she'd rather be with him than witness another fight with Bonnie and Damon.

...

"This is ridiculous" Aurora mumbles to herself as she walks into a store hoping that Kai was in here and didn't ditch them and found his own way out. The only thing heard was the music playing in the store, and whistling. Bingo. Aurora walked into the isle the noise was coming from and noticed Kai was filling his backpack up with a random junk that Aurora had no clue why they were 'important'

"These are the important supplies you needed" she says leaning on the shelf crossing her arms. Kai turns his head in her direction, "Stalking me now?" he says raising an eyebrow. Aurora laughs, "No, just observing, don't know if we can trust you" she says staring at him. He stands up and slowly walks towards her, leaving his bag where it was. "So they sent you? The useless on? The one who doesn't have any magic so she can't defend herself against anything" he teased standing in front of her.