13. lets forget it happened

It was another day, Kai and Aurora had yet to talk again, but unlike last time it was for a different reason. They weren't talking because of the kiss they shared. Both unsure what it meant, if it meant anything at all or if it was just a in the moment type thing. Aurora was lost, even though she initiated the kiss, she doesn't understand why exactly she did, it just felt right.

Maybe it was the countless months of having no physical touch, Damon was spoken for and Bonnie and her were just friends, there's that and the fact she was still wounded over Enzo and was just hoping that maybe one day she'd find her way back to him, despite all the thoughts she had of him moving on with someone else, despite all that they went through, she thought that maybe, just maybe they stood a chance, that'd he wait.

But he won't wait, he died, she died, they both tried to come back, only she didn't make it, he did, he thought she was dead dead. Why wait on someone who's dead? They loved each other yes, but Aurora was dead, she couldn't come back, no spell can raise the dead. Though it hurt her, the thought of him being with someone else, she didn't blame him, she didn't expect him to waste his life mourning over her, she wants him to be happy.

Even though they broke up, she still really cares about him and wants him to be happy, even if it's not with her, he deserves to be happy, after all the crap he's been through, he should be happy. Aurora couldn't see him, she couldn't contact him at all, but she just hopes he's happy and moved on from her. Even if he thought Aurora could come back, since Damon and Bonnie did, she hopes he doesn't want that.

Thinking of him seeing Damon and Bonnie back, without her, the thoughts racing through his mind on where she could be, what happened to her, why she isn't with Damon and Bonnie, left tears in her eyes. For awhile, their friends thought Damon, Bonnie and Aurora were dead, they thought themselves they were dead and were in just some version of a hell dimension, but they weren't dead, they were just a spell away from going back to everyone they loved.

And upon meeting Kai, they found out the truth. They weren't dead, they were alive and closer to home than they thought. They found out everything about Kai, how this world they were in, was a prison world made for him because of what he did back in Portland, which also lead them to planning on leaving Kai behind here so he can't hurt more people in the real world.

But alike many of their plans, this plan didn't work. They all thought when Kai died, that he was dead dead, but turns out he couldn't die in this world, he couldn't age, he was basically immortal. As they were all about to escape, leaving Kai to rot away in this prison forever, he interfered and trapped her here with him. She watched as Damon and Bonnie were whisked away in a bright light, them shouting her name as they disappeared, leaving her here.

Since that day she hasn't heard much from them, she heard from Bonnie near thanksgiving, saying they're working on getting her out, but other than that, it's been radio silent, she hasn't heard a peep from them since then. She really hoped they were working on getting her out, since she can't get out herself, she has to count on her friends to do so.

Though she wouldn't tell Kai her friends are working on getting her out, since he isn't apart of that. They're working on getting her out, not Kai, they would kill Kai if it stopped him from escaping. He was here for a reason, it was his punishment and it can't be cut short because a couple teens are trying to get their other friend out that happens to trapped with him.

"We need food" Aurora mumbled walking over to the kitchen from her spot in the living room and opening it to see what they had and what they didn't have. Which is the same as yesterday, they need to go grocery shopping. Since Kai didn't go yesterday after their argument, they had no food. Not wanting to face Kai, Aurora left a note on the kitchen counter informing him on where she'll be. Though she's not sure if he'll care anymore where she goes, since he thinks there's no way out and therefore no point in keeping track of her, flashbacks of last time she left flooded her mind.