15. the way out

Aurora sat reading a book she found in Damon's room, she wasn't sure what it was called, she stopped paying attention to what she was actually reading an hour ago, all she was doing now was staring down at the words on each page, every 5 minutes she'd turn the page, acting like she was actually reading it and found it interesting, when she really didn't.

The books she would want to read hadn't come out at this point, the Harry Potter books didn't come out till 1997, the Pretty Little Liars books didn't come out till 2006, she wanted to read them since she's currently watching the show, and finds it quite entertaining, the Twilight books hadn't come out till 2006 as well, then there's Supernatural which is another show she's been actively watching. She found it curious how different her supernatural world was compared to their supernatural world. In her world they had vampires, werewolves and witches, that was about it.

But in their supernatural world, they had vampires, werewolves and witches too, but along with those core 3, they also had demons, angels, ghouls, shapeshifters and any mythical creature there's known to man kind, it'll be in their supernatural world. Something else that surprised her when she first started watching Supernatural was the vampire portrayal in them, they firstly had rows of sharp teeth, rather than just the 2 fangs in her world, or even in Twilight when she read them, no fangs.

Aurora sometimes finds herself laughing, comparing all the different creatures in the shows she's watched or read about, to real life, real life, if you had told her that the vampires and wolves she read about when she was 12 were nothing like how they were in reality, she'd laugh. For many reasons, firstly, she'd wonder where she got an imagination like that to think the world of fiction is real, and secondly, she'd like to think how the writer of Twilight decided that the vampires would sparkle instead of burn in the sunlight, or in Supernatural how they don't sparkle or burn in the sunlight at all.

In her opinion, it made more sense for the vampires to burn in the sun rather than sparkle. Thinking about it now, Aurora realised the vampires in Twilight seemed very poorly written compared to the vampires in the real world. The real world, Aurora will never get used to saying that. It's been almost 3 years since she's been involved with the supernatural in her town, she had learned about the world's first vampires, and how vampires after them came to me. It was just a mother's love. She wanted to protect her children. But that didn't last forever, since what only felt recently, she was at the ball the Mikaelson family threw, where Esther, the mother of family, linked her children together in hopes to kill them, and eventually end the vampire species, though Aurora and her friends didn't know that yet.

Kill an original, kill their entire sireline, they discovered that after Matt had killed Finn, the eldest sibling, luckily none of Aurora's friends descended down from his sireline, so they weren't dead, yet. In a short time they discovered they descended down from Klaus' sireline, which wasn't good for any of them since he was the main threat, and the main Original they wanted to get rid of. But because of the whole 'kill an Original, wipe out a entire sireline' thing, they couldn't kill Klaus, not if it meant them dying with him.

"Whatcha reading?" Kai's voice broke Aurora out her thoughts, and that's another reason why she was pretending to read, she wanted to avoid talking to Kai. The talk they had yesterday about the kiss, went better than Aurora thought, they didn't fight or argue, or look like they wanted to rip each others heads off, it was all good, which was the problem. The words exchanged in the conversation repeated back in her mind.

"What are you thinking about?" Kai's voice caused Aurora to open her eyes, she stopped floating on her back and turned around and faced him. "Nothing important" she assured him, "Well, do you wanna what I was thinking about?" he asked her, "I don't know, do I?" she replied hesitatingly.