25. no good at goodbyes

Aurora left Kai's apartment late last night, after declaring the status of their relationship, she stayed around and helped him figure his phone out more since he was still confused on how it worked, as well as the televisions these days, since according to Kai there as 'a million different channels now'

After it started getting late, and her phone blowing up from the likes of Elena, Damon, Bonnie, Caroline, even Enzo sent her a text.

Elena
Where are you??

Seriously Aurora where are you??

Are you with Kai???

Answer me

Damon
Are you with that Little Juice Box Sucking Freak

Elena and I heard you guys. We know you were there.

He disappears and so do you.

Bonnie
Where are you??

Tell me you're okay

I can't locate you

Are you with Kai???

Caroline
Mom's getting worst, but we have to hope for the best.

I don't know where you are, so I wanted to updated you.

Enzo
Up for that talk now?

She replied to everyone that she was fine, she thanked Caroline for the update and she'd be dropping by later today to check on her again, and she hovered over the keyboard looking at Enzo's message, 'Yeah, let's talk' she typed out the reply, reading the message over and over again, wondering if she should say more, or say no, or even just ignore the message completely.

Her and Enzo did have to talk, but she wasn't even sure what to talk to him about. The relationship? That was way over, they've both moved on, and times were different then, this is now. She sent the message before putting her phone back in her pocket, disregarding it all together, waiting for Enzo to reply. Though she wasn't 100% ready for her talk with him, she knew it had to happen, sooner or later, and she hoped for sooner, that way she it would be over and done with and she wouldn't have to think about it anymore.

...

Aurora sat in the Grill, reading a book, she hoped none of her friends would walk in, but knowing Damon and Alaric, one of them would be at the bar, they'd either both be there. Aurora didn't want to run into either of them, or any of her friends to be honest. She was definitely in trouble with them, it no longer being a secret about her friendship with Kai. No that it's a friendship anymore, not that they know that.

They already seem pissed about her friendship with Kai, but if they found out she was in a relationship with him, along with the other things they did in the prison world, she'd lose them all. Even though she isn't the first of her friends to make a 'bad' decision on who they sleep with or have a relationship with. Almost all her male friends with Rebekah, Caroline with Klaus, even Stefan and Damon with Katherine.

None of them were ever scolded by the others for their 'poor decision making' everyone just accepted it and moved on. But since it's Aurora, the baby of the group, the sweet and innocent, it all suddenly becomes a problem. It infuriates Aurora, that she's held at such high standards, on this pedestal, not allowed to make a single bad choice in her life, whereas her friends have been able to make plenty.

Like for one, Caroline with feeding their mother vampire blood. Aurora loves her sister, and she really doesn't want her mother to die, and she appreciated Caroline for trying to cure their mother, but did she really think vampire blood would work? A thousand years of vampires and there wasn't a single word of wind about it curing cancer. Vampire blood may of been magical, but not curing cancer magical.