21. happy new year

Another year had almost come to end, Aurora had spent half her year locked up in the prison world. She missed birthdays, including her own, Thanksgiving, and even Christmas. Though they did celebrate the last two, it didn't feel the same. She was stuck celebrating them with Kai, which weren't even that bad looking back, Thanksgiving went a lot different than Christmas went, but Aurora still had fun. Spending those holidays with Kai could've gone a lot worse. He was nice to her for most parts, he cooked for her and they were able to joke around with each other.

New Years Eve, that time of year where everyone throws a party, drinks boozes and has that bittersweet New Years Eve kiss. Caroline had informed Aurora that there was going to be a party at the Salvatore House, and that it's open invite because Caroline believes if Blue Eyes heard about this party, that he might show up, and she can set Aurora and him up.

Aurora wasn't sure if she was up for a party, being around so many people already, she had only just got back a few days ago. And though she had seen people when she went to the college campus, that was in a professional place, at some random party on a Monday of all days, luckily it was winter break so everyone was off.

No doubt though, Caroline would force Aurora to go, quite literally dragging her out of bed despite her pleads that she has to catch up on all the Pretty Little Liars episodes she missed, she had to find out how the girls were doing now that 'A' or Mona was locked up. No matter what Aurora would say or do, Caroline would have the last word. Using the 'I'm older' tactic.

Aurora truly didn't mind, now that she was back with her friends, she never wanted to leave them again, she had so much catch up time with them all, and a party was the perfect place for it. She could cruise from talking to Elena and Bonnie, to Matt and Tyler. Things might awkward, considering her history with Tyler, and the secret she's hiding, though both Caroline and now Jo know.

Though, unlike Caroline, Jo only knows half the truth, she thinks Aurora unwillingly helped Kai get out, that she was left with no choice too. But Caroline knows that isn't true. Aurora willingly helped Kai escape. Aurora sat at her desk in her room, she was writing in her journal, just small thoughts that came across her mind.

"I didn't wanna fall in love. But one day you smiled, and holy shit. I blew it"

"I hate that I'm still hoping"

"When I'm with you, I feel safe from the things that hurt me inside"

"You know you love someone when you can't hate them for breaking your heart"

"You are the best thing I never planned"

"If only you knew how much those little moments with you mattered to me"

Aurora smiled to herself, she had linked each line with a memory of a loved one in her life. The first one was with Enzo. She had been warned about him, from Damon mostly, he didn't go into the exact reason, he just told her to be careful. Of course she didn't listen, cause look where it got her. Heartbroken and ruined, again.

The second one, was with two people, Enzo and Kai. Though she now cherishes her time with Enzo, there's still that small part of her that still loves him, and wants to continue being with him. But she hasn't seen him since she came back, she called him once, but it went to voicemail. She didn't bother leaving a message, she just assumed he was done with her and had moved on.

Thats that's part she hates. She hates that she still has that small bit of hope that they could be okay. That they could be friends. Be mature in this, like with Tyler. But, until she actually sees Enzo and they resolve things, or not resolve them. She can't get Enzo off her mind. She doesn't care if he doesn't like her anymore, she's moved on from him. She just needs closure.