33. the wedding; part two

Caroline saw her sister fall to the ground, and immediately jumped into action to help her. She could lose Aurora. Her baby sister. The only bit of family she had left. No, Aurora was meant to be there forever. "Come on, Aurora" Caroline said, biting into her wrist and fed her sister some blood. She listened in for her heartbeat, and each time she ingested more blood, the steadier it got.

Caroline exhaled in relief, "You're gonna be okay, Ror" she whispered, Aurora groaned and peeled her eyes open, seeing her sister above her, "Caroline" Aurora croaked, Caroline sweetly laughed, "Yeah, it's me. You're not gonna die, not on my–" she was cut off when her neck snapped and she fell to the floor. "Nothing personal, but this is a family matter," Kai says.

Aurora quickly sat up, her head still hurting but she ignored it, "Hey Rory, we'll talk later, okay?" he says to her, she makes no move to answer him or move, "Just stay put" he adds on, turning away from her to go over to Alaric, where he was holding onto Jo's body. Aurora gasped, remembering it all, her eyes glazed over to the other bodies surrounding her.

"No!" is what caught her attention again, she looked over to where Kai was to see he had stabbed himself in the neck with a shard of glass. Aurora's jaw dropped at the sight, tears began to fill her eyes, she didn't know what she was crying over; Kai, Jo, her sister lying unconscious next to her, she was scared and didn't know where anyone was.

"Oh, my God" Aurora kept repeating. The Gemini's around her were all dying, dropping like flies. Since Kai killed himself, and his life was linked to the coven, everyone was slowly following after him. Aurora knew she had to get out, she slowly stood up, but her legs were like jelly and she fell, luckily, she never hit the ground. "I got you" someone said, "Enzo?" she said, grabbing onto him.

"In the flesh" he replied, "Come on, we're getting out of here" he hoisted her up, "No wait– Caroline and Stefan" she mumbled, pointing to where they lay unconscious. "I'll grab them, I'm getting you out first" he vamp sped her over to his car, opening the door and helping her get into the passenger seat. "Thank you" Aurora said to him, "Always" he replied, vamping away again.

Aurora leaned her head against the seat. Kai was dead. What was she going to do now?

...

Aurora, Caroline, as well as Enzo sat in the car while Stefan talked to his mother. "Are you okay?" Caroline asked her, "I don't know– I'm just lost" Aurora replied, "Jo's dead, Kai's dead– Oh my, God, Liv" she realized Liv, her old best friend. The person she made amends with, the tears spiraling even more, "Liv is dead" she repeated.

"This seems to be a family matter, so I'm gonna be out here" Enzo announces, leaving the car, leaving Aurora and Caroline alone. "I don't know what to do, Caroline" Aurora cried, "How do we move on from this?" she questioned, "I mean, I was– I was fine with not seeing him, because at least he was alive, and maybe somehow I'd see him again– But now, he's just dead" he rambled on.

"Did you love him?" Caroline asked her, Aurora sniffed and wiped her eyes, "I-I don't know, maybe I did" she admits, "It's okay if you did, I mean, you can't help who you love" Caroline assured her, "Sometimes love takes you completely by surprise. Maybe this was it?" she suggests, Aurora nods her head, "Maybe" she mumbled.

Did she love Kai? No, she couldn't, right?.

...

The following day, Aurora was a wreck, but she had to keep it together. During the wedding, Kai linked Elena and Bonnie's lives together, as long as Bonnie lived, Elena would stay in that slumber. Aurora, also learnt that Kai didn't actually die then, rather he turned himself into a vampire, only to die for real by Damon's hand. But, today, Aurora had to put her personal feelings aside, because she had to say goodbye to Elena.

Elena Gilbert, the girl Aurora's known for as long as she could remember, the girl Aurora may never see again. The group, consisting of; Alaric, Tyler, Matt, Stefan, Damon, Bonnie, Caroline and now the arrival of Aurora, prepare to say their goodbyes to Elena. Aurora couldn't believe what was happening, she lost her mother, her boyfriend? And one of her best friends all in such a short amount of time.

Aurora isn't sure a person can handle this much grief at once before she explodes. All she knew was she had to move on. And that wasn't going to be in Mystic Falls. No, she was done with this place. The town that she's ever known, but was full of the death of her loved ones. She couldn't stand to be here anymore. She doesn't know where she'll go, perhaps travel the country, all she does know, however, is she's sure as hell not staying here.

Damon walked into the room, "Okay, let's do this. You three are up first" he told the girls, leading them into the room where they had Elena in a coffin, "It's easy, guys" Caroline told them, "You just take her hand" Caroline held Elena's hand out to them, they held onto Elena as Caroline put her hand on top of there's, "Close your eyes" Caroline ordered, they did as she said, "And let her into your thoughts"

Instead of being in the Boarding House, they were now in Elena Gilbert's room. Caroline, Elena and Aurora were giggling about something Aurora said when Bonnie walked into the room, "Are we seriously having a sleepover?" she asked, laughing, "Come on. Hurry up and get in here" Caroline patted the empty spot on the bed, "I'm the one who gets to see her again. But you two, should get the better goodbye"

"Oh, Care" Elena said, frowning, hugging the blonde vampire. "Take care of everyone while I'm gone" she said to her, "I will" Caroline assured her, her voice breaking, they pulled out the hug and Elena looked around at them all now. "Promise me something. All of you. Write it all down. Everything you accomplish in your lives, every crush, when you fall in love, when you start a family, every time you fantasize about wanting to kill Damon" they all laugh at the last part.

"So, one day when I wake up I can read about my best friends' lives and feel like I was there" she cries, grabbing their hands, Aurora doesn't wipe away the tears this time, instead she lets them fall. Because, what Elena and the others don't know, is she's probably never returning to Mystic Falls.

"I'm so sorry, Elena. Really, I'm so sorry" Bonnie apologies, "This isn't your fault" Elena tells her, "Yeah, it's okay, Bon" Aurora wraps her arm around her shoulder, side hugging her, "We'll both get everything that we want . We just can't have it at the same time" Elena says, "I'll see you another life, Lena" Aurora lightly chuckles, "See you, Rory" Elena replied, giving the young girl one more hug.

...

Aurora was in the apartment, packing. She didn;t have much left in Mystic Falls, and she just needed to get out and leave. There was way too much pain and hurt here for her, she needed time, then maybe one day she'll come back. Maybe in a couple years, or decades, she still isn't entirely sure.

She doesn't plan on telling anyone either, and just fall off the face of the planet and start again. A new life without the supernatural. Though it'll always be a part of her, she can pretend it's not, because when has the supernatural ever brought her any good? Never. She lost her Dad to it, some of her best friends to it, and her boyfriend.

With Kai officially being dead, she has to learn to get over him and move on. Why love a dead man? She packed the grimoires Kai had lying around, thinking she'd hold onto them, considering he was dead and so was all the other Geminis, no one would be missing them. That, and she's hoping that maybe there's some way for her to bring him back.

Because after all, nobody really stays dead do they.

...

Authors Note

Thanks for reading its the end of this book :(

JK no its not, plenty more to read!! Did I get you? I have a few more chapters planned to really catch and end Aurora's journey. So keep reading !!

But I wanna say THANK YOU ! For 8K reads, that is still crazy to me that people are actually reading what I'm putting out. I hope even after this book is over, you'll give my other stories a go!