chapter 1

(Y/n) was walking home from her little sisters dance recital, she had decided to stay a bit after since her best friend, Alivia (Liv) was there

It had been a long day, tomorrow was her first day at her new school, she had just transferred schools because of the harassment and other problems that kept happening at her old school.

Her phone buzzed.

She slid her phone out of her pocket and read a text:

Daniel: "Hey sweetie, you on your way home?"

She furrowed her brows and put her phone into her pocket.

"You know you should respond to him, he's trying to be a good father." (Y/n) looked up, Liv was peering over.

"He's not my father."

"(Y/n)-"

"He wasn't even there when my mom was struggling okay? He only turned up because of what happened, you know that" She scoffed.

"Hey but at least he's here now, right?" Alivia put a hand on her shoulder, it was comforting but (Y/n) wasn't in the mood.

She had lost her wallet at the recital. Assuming the worst.

"It doesn't matter." She slid Liv's hand off of her shoulder and glared at her "He's only doing this because he has to."

Liv just glanced away.

"Whatever." Her phone buzzed again. She grunted as she pulled it out of her pocket.

Daniel: "Sweetie?"

(Y/n): "yep."

(Y/n) shoved her phone back in her pocket and Liv sighed.

"Are you excited?" Alivia said, trying to change the subject.

"For?"

"Well, for your first day of your new school, you know-" she nudged (Y/n)'s shoulder "-there might be a cute boy there."

(Y/n) chuckled, forgetting about the situation for a second.

"Yeah right, plus i'm not sure if i'm even going to go." (Y/n) shrugged.

"You're joking right?" Liv choked.

"No? Why would i be?" (Y/n) peered over at her brunette friend. She had fair skin and beautiful green eyes.

"Because you have to make a good impression, you don't want to start off your first year by not being present, do you?"

(Y/n) shrugged, "It honestly doesn't matter. He's probably going to make me transfer schools again."

They rounded the corner, (Y/n)'s house was in sight, and so was Alivias, they actually only lived a few houses down from each other, their dads were good friends and that's kind of the reason they moved there, Alivia came to visit every summer when (Y/n) lived in her old town.

The sky was getting a bit darker, but just bright enough to see the birds going back to their nests to tend to their young, it was gross. Everything was gross, life was gross.

(Y/n) groaned.

"What's the matter now?" Alivia teased, peering over once again.

"Everything." (y/n) growled.

(Y/n) house would be coming up soon, it wasn't small but it wasn't exactly a mansion, she'd admit, her "family" was a bit higher classed, same with Alivias, but seeing as it had always been that way, she'd never really payed much attention to it, other then when she was driving around town seeing other houses.

"Well it looks like this is your stop, (Y/n)." Liv sighed, "Have a good rest of your day, okay?"

"Mhm"

"Hey,-" (Y/n) looked up at Liv, "I mean it. Tell your dad i said hi will you?"

"I will, goodnight, i'll text you later okay?" (Y/n) went to hug her friend.

"Yeah, sure. I'll talk to you later."

And with that they headed their separate ways, (Y/n) walked up to her door and entered the code, she walked into her mud room and kicked off her shoes. Then she walked into her living room, the scent of spaghetti coming from the kitchen.

She dropped her bag down onto the floor, then made her way to her room before hearing a familiar voice:

"Hey hunny, i made food, if you're hungry."

"I'm not." She tried to continue walking, but to her surprise, this time, was stopped by a hand.

"Please, (Y/n), you need to eat, you didn't even eat breakfast..-" Daniel said.

"Yeah, Okay. I'll eat, I'm just gonna go to my room for now." She walked up the stairs and found her room, she walked in, and on accident, slammed her door, she jumped at the sound, then relaxed when she realized it was just her door.

She fell onto her bed, sighed, the shut her eyes to breathe for a bit.

Forgetting about what Daniel had said, she ended up dosing off into her 'dreams'.