chapter 4

The doorknob turned slowly.

They stood frozen in fear, who was it? And why weren't they knocking?

If you looked at the bottom of the door you would see a boot.

But they were to scared too move their gaze from the upper middle of the door.

A orangish-brown headed man walked in, dangling something from his hand.

A wallet.

(Y/n) almost ran him over, and grabbed the wallet. Knocking them both down.

It was hers.

Her drivers license in the front, you could see it because there was a clear pouch in the front of the wallet, telling you who it belonged to.

"What the hell?!" (Y/n) practically screamed.

"Calm down, that hurts my ears" He was closing his eyes and covering his ears.

"How did you get this-" She choked.

"It fell out of your pocket on the way out, okay? I went to go give it back but you were already gone." He said, opening his eyes now. And when he did, they widened.

"So do you like being on top of me or something?" He added with a smirk, then shrieked in pain.

Alivia had just kicked him in the shoulder, then offered (Y/n) a hand.

While he was squirming, and grabbing his shoulder, (Y/n) got up and studied the wallet, making sure nothing was missing.

And nothing was.

(Y/n) gave Alivia a look, a sincere one suggesting that everything was fine.

Alivias shoulders relaxed as she bent down to offer her hand.

"I'm sorry, thank you for finding her wallet." Alivia muttered, looking away.

He took it and got onto his feet, brushing off his back; as much as he could, anyway.

"Yeah, sure thing. It's not everyday you tackle someone who practically saved your life." He boasted, while looking at (Y/n), smirking.

Alivia gave (Y/n) a kind of  'what's this guys deal' look, she shrugged.

"I saw you were 16, so does that mean you go to school here in the area?" He finally said.

"Yeah, Paradis." (Y/n) said, shoving the wallet into her pocket.

"I thought i'd recognized you!" He beamed.

"Heh?" Liv stuttered.

"I sat a few tables away from you guys today, I go there too." He said proudly.

By now (Y/n) was already sneaking past the door, and into the hallway. Small talk, again, not her thing.

Alivia stopped (Y/n) by grabbing her arm.

"At least say thank you, (Y/n)." She advised.

"Thanks." (Y/n) murmured, then shook from Liv's grasp, and continued walking down the hallway.

Once she got to the reception center, she tossed the key onto the desk, and went out of the door, not sure if Alivia was following her, she opened her car door and unlocked the doors, then walked over to the passenger seat, and hopped in.

A few moments later she heard footsteps nearing the car and looked up, it was Alivia, she went to the drivers seat and got in.

"That was very nice of you." She scoffed.

"He could've been a pedo, or something."

"He was 16, i'm pretty sure he couldn't be that bad." Alivia added.

"You kicked him, it wasn't just me."

She started the car and reversed, backing out of the parking lot. She went the opposite way of the neighborhood they lived in.

"Where are you going?" (Y/n) asked.

"Gas station, I told you earlier."

"Right." (Y/n) admitted.

At (Y/n)'s house

As soon as (Y/n) stepped into the dining room she was met by an embrace.

"Where were you (Y/n)??? You haven't been answering any of my texts, or calls.. you never told me what your plans were! I was so worried.." Daniel choked.

"Calm down. I was with Alivia." (Y/n) slid him off of her and set her stuff down. She headed up to her room and kicked off her shoes, since she didn't get the chance to earlier.

(Y/n) pulled out her phone and her eyes went wide.

17 Text Messages, And 4 Missed Calls From: Daniel.

So he wasn't kidding, She thought. Then opened her messages, and texted 'Liv'.

(Y/n): "Thanks for coming with me to find my wallet."

Liv: Sure thing.
read 8:47

She grabbed the remote to the tv off of her table, then flipped on the tv.

(Y/n) would lay there for a bit. She wasn't hungry, but she decided she'd eat later.

But did she?

Of course not.

Instead she dozed off to sleep without dinner, once again.