chapter 8

AN~ sorry if the story seems a little different after my lonnnngg break is too lazy to reread all of it and i'm just going to go off of the last 2 chapters sorry for any mistakes or anything :^(
_______________

Y/N awoke that morning with a horrible stomach ache, y/n texted daniel and soon found out that he wasn't home to watch her if she stayed home.

I guess i'll just have to suck it up.

(Y/n) got ready as usual and went to go wake up her sister who wasn't in her room, assuming she had already headed downstairs, (Y/n) did the same.

"Hey, um dad left some food before he left this morning, he woke me up first so i could make sure that you got up on time but uhh-" Lilli looked towards the tv, which was on watching Youtube, "- I got a little side tracked" She let a slight guilty grin slide as she scratched her head.

"It's okay, i would've rather slept in anyway, to be honest." (Y/n) reassured her.

"How come?"

"I guess i just haven't been feeling good lately" (Y/n) shrugged it off. Remembering the events of yesterday. She wondered if Armin thought any different of her. (Y/n) just figured they would talk about it at school or something, and she was really hoping to avoid that conversation.

________________

Well i mean that conversation was avoided all right, Armin hadn't been at school for the past 3 days. (Y/n) was getting worried but shrugged it off, maybe he was on vacation.

During those three days (Y/n) and Jean actually became pretty good friends, he'd normally have his arm around her at lunch, which wasn't really surprising coming from him. Anyone else would've thought they might've been dating or something, always shoving each other and joking with each other, flicking each other's foreheads, getting in stupid fights over something stupid like food, stuff that Connie and Sasha did. But nobody thought of Connie and Sasha that way, it would be like, Historia and Reiner dating, just weird.

(Y/n) and Jean were heading to the lunch table together, as they approached, (Y/n) heard that they were on the topic of Armin being gone, apparently even Eren and Mikasa had no idea what happened, he would've for sure told them, there was nothing that he didn't tell them, they were best friends.

Until now, (Y/N) had just shrugged off his absence, she missed him, obviously, but they weren't good enough friends for her to be having mental breakdowns about it; not even Eren and Mikasa were that crazy about him.

Eren decided to give Armin a call; no answer, another call; no answer, 4x more. It was really odd of Armin, he was a total social media maniac, he was always on TikTok, Insta, and Snap.

"Hey Eren are you two still in that Life360 Circle we created awhile back? I mean it probably wont help but we could try to check that?" Mikasa suggested, kind of sheepishly though, probably thought it was a stupid idea, or weird that she remembered it.

"Oh yeah i forgot about that! Holy crap Mikasa thanks you're a literal genius!" Erens face lit up. You could see Mikasas face was tinted pink.

(Y/n) watched over Erens shoulder as he flipped through his apps and found Life360, after waiting for it to load in he got into the circle again, Armin had been at his house, but his phone was almost dead and he hadn't been active on his phone in a day and a half.

"So he's there but he's just unresponsive?" (Y/N) chimed in and Eren jumped, surprised.

"Yeah but it's kind of weird that-" Eren started.

"Who cares, probably having another one of those 'Crimson King' phases.." Jean interrupted, on the verge of tears from holding in the laughter. As soon as Connie and Sasha burst out laughing he did too.

"OUCH!! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?" (Y/N) bopped Jean on the head, "THEY WERE LAUGHING TOO?" he pouted as he pointed at Connie and Sasha.

"That was an unnecessary comment, he could be hurt or something, we need to find out what's going on." (Y/N) said and the table agreed, Alivia hadn't spoken a word since she sat down, which was late, lunch was almost over.

"(Y/N) do you want to come with me and Mikasa to check it out?" Eren asked, but Mikasas invitation was soon turned down, "I'd love to go with you and (y/n) but i have stuff that i have to do, exams have been sort of rough on me." Mikasa explained, which was odd, because those two were like peas in a pod, if one went somewhere the other was always close behind, no one could tell what their relationship was, but no one really tried to find out.

"Yeah id be fine with that, i just need someone to make sure my sister gets home safe-" (Y/N) waited for Alivia to chime in but she didn't. "Alivia?"

Alivia raised her head, she looked exhausted, maybe exams were getting to her too. "Huh?" she asked, having no clue what had been going on.

"Can you take Lilli home after school today? I wanted to help Eren find Armin." Alivia kind of make a scowl face, no idea why but it might've been something to do with (Y/N) hanging around Eren.

"Yeah sure, no problemo, where was my invite to help find him?" Aliva poked at her food.

"Well we were just talking about it for like the entire lunch period, i'm sorry-" Eren apologized.

"It's whatever, i'm just pulling your leg, y'all have fun." She got up, pushed her chair in and walked away.

_______________

After school (Y/N) and Eren met up at the fountain in front of the school, they could've just walked to Armins house since it wasn't far from the school, but Eren brought his car to school so it'd just be a waste if he didn't drive it there.

Once they had arrived at Armins house, they saw this black car, and another red car, a classic mom SUV.

"Huh, that's weird" Eren said.

"What's weird?"

"Well i just think it's weird that both of their cars are here, i mean that means they should both be here right? Like they're not just gonna go walk off to disneyworld or something." Eren answered. (Y/N) laughed, this was one of the first times she had hung out with Eren, it was nice. He wasn't awkward or uncomfortable to be around, he had a very friendly and inviting aura about him.

Eren turned his key and stepped out of the car, (Y/N) got out on her own, together they walked up to Armins doorstep and rang the doorbell. Again, again, and again. Finally, after a few more rings, they heard some stumbling about and a frail and sick looking woman came to the door, "Hello Eren, it's so nice to see you, come, come in." she coughed into her arm, Eren gestured me inside first, then shut the door behind us.

The lady looked at me and became visibly embarrassed, "Oh where are my manners, im Armins mother, sorry i really did not realize someone else was with Eren!" She held her head as if she was dizzy.

"It's fine, really, Don't worry about it, we were just here to-" (Y/N) started but got cut off.

The lady looked as if she was about to fall over, Eren rushed to her side and sat her down on a couch. "Have you been feeling okay Ms. Arlert?" Eren asked, very concerned.

"Not as of late, no, my illness has skyrocketed in the past few days, Armin has stayed home with me to take care of me, but he also has custody stuff going on with his father, who does not deserve that sweet boy." Ms. Arlert said, very sadly.

(Y/N)'s heart sank to the pit of her stomach.

Was Armin going to be okay? Would he be taken away to live with his dad?

A/N ~ HEY GUYS i really hope you like this chapter 🤤👩‍🍳👩‍🍳 really put my whole authussy into it so pls enjoy