CHAPTER FIVE.

perhaps it was her pride that refused to let her guard down. but who could she blame? after all, it was life that slowly consumed her soul. who was she, dare she insult war? — a child of war, at most — emotions were nothing more but mere delusions.

perhaps, she should become war itself. then perhaps god would slowly let go of her.

"it took you awhile." as the apostle arrived backed to the abyss of celestia, she was greeted none other than the fair lady herself. a poised, conceited accent that highlighted her refinement within etiquette. "were you fooling around with the fickle bard?"

"now now signora, don't say that~" a professional actress, some may call her. to be able to switch ones persona within a second — the piety apostle was the definition of trickery itself. letting out a heavenly strummed giggle, she leant towards the fair lady, admiring her platinum blonde hair. "it wouldn't be fun if i let him be!"

"you're an hour late." scoffing, signora scrunched her nose before pushing the apostle away. "anyways, empress tsarista is introducing us to the newest harbinger. i would advise you to greet the newest-"

"well well, if it isn't our beloved apostle~"

ah, she could feel the amount of dreadful pain that was bound to occur soon as she heard that horrific tone.

"oh? it seems that you've grown a bit, scaramouche."

"you've become very bold." lifted her chin, scaramouche slowly inspected the apostle's dull eye hues that illuminated countless of lives that were taken away. "very, very bold. i ought to teach you a lesson soon~"

"i hope you do keep in mind," swatting the navy-blue haired boy's hand away, the apostle boldly moved her head closer towards the 6th harbinger. it was close, too close, for the harbinger. he could feel their breaths colliding as his cheeks slowly turned wine-red, inhale, exhale, an inaudible assertion of dominance that the apostle held; the lack of affection.

"that i'm a few thousand years too old for that."

"you little pests. this isn't time for flirting." signora's eyes widened in disgust, disbelief and disrelish, as the urge of dismay fluctuated within her. a tale of the old maiden and young valet — romeo and juliet, but juliet was a couple of thousand years older seemed to mortify her soul. "anyways, it is time for you to greet newest harbinger."

now, the sacred apostle wasn't fond of interacting with mortals — only with a few exceptions — with signora being one of them. pulling herself away from the flustered male, she twirled her knife out, lunging herself behind the fair lady before the knife seethed the porcelain flesh.

"i wasn't informed of this." with her well versed talent, the apostle imbued her anemo and cryo vision without the dagger as red venomous blood slowly seeped onto the knife. "please do further explain the situation."

just before the fair lady could utter another word, shattering silver fragments descended down — sparkles of pixie dust that was carefully crafted flown down with a touch of gentleness imbued within.

the apostle tilted her head upwards, as she witness a somewhat, intriguing and impressive sight. a ginger-head boy skilfully gliding down the snowy hills of snezhnaya. doing a full-flip, and landing right in front of the oddly chaotic trio.

"tartaglia's the name, codename childe," lifting his brows at the unique sight he was presented with, tartaglia couldn't help but laugh. "may i have the name of the beautiful lady?"

"huh, ajax?" ajax — it's been awhile since the piety apostle witnessed a behold sight. a name where countless of people admired, and feared. creating a paradox within the complicated society of evil and good, chaos and peace. letting go of signora, her nimble hands threw the knife in the air as it stabbed the ground, clearly structuring a border between them. "aha! how amusing..."

"oh? you know, there are better ways to seek out our enemies than... well, provoking me." tartaglia raised his brow, as his sapphire blue eyes glimmered in curiosity. "anyways, how did you find out?"

"weren't you the child that was lost in snow?" letting out a fake gasp of concern, piety apostle flailed her hands, haughtily mocked the ginger-haired male. "bloodied hands in white, the perfect backdrop for bloodshed! oh, our greatest delusion warrior came to save the day! behold, our benevolent saviour!"

"what do you-"

"apostle, watch your words." signora slanted her eyes, warning the jester-like girl to refrain from causing any sorts of commotion. alas, false hope only led into disappointment. it would be a miracle if the apostle had listened to her — as if the sun would rise from the west!

"ah, you're her brother, aren't you?" the apostle let out a grin. indeed — provoking was her natural talent — she had to admit it. but that was what sparked the inner joy within her dull world. "and teucer's older brother! he is indeed really lucky to have a brother like you~"

it was without a doubt, that tartaglia felt threatened. oh, a harbinger getting provoked by a girl, whose information was strictly prohibited to him? what was so special about her; a fool, a damsel, a girl who was a scandal!

what was it about her that made him feel, intimidated and inferior? was it the way she spoke, her confidence, the way she freely carries herself?

was it because she knew about him?

"with ambitions to conquer the world?" the apostle shook head in disapproval, she flicked tartaglia's forehead, causing him to startle. "you think rather foolishly."

the dainty apostle has seen it all, countless of people like him. people who thinks that they were cunning enough, with unpredictable personality and holds an ideology of peace. don't make her laugh! — he was far too young for the world, he didn't belong within the fatui.

naivety only brings death at the end.

"let me advise you one thing." leaning towards her prey, she could feel his irregular breaths; nervous, anxious, worried. look at this fool! bringing teyvat peace, yet afraid of someone like her?

it didn't matter, regardless how strong, how powerful, how mature, how smart or the amount of ambitious a person held.

as long as war didn't approve of it, neither would god.

"empress tsarista may forgive you, but i wouldn't."

and she had to remind everyone, that war would kill people for their god.

━━━━

( CHAPTER  V )