CHAPTER FOURTEEN.

a dramatic death — a benevolent future that the apostle aspired for. she wanted her death to hold some sort of, impact. an impact within the world, a figure that would not be forgotten even after an eternity.

to carve herself within the depths of teyvat, she shall conquer and rule.

"hush, now why won't you help me?" gracefully, the apostle leant in towards ganyu, gently swiping her silky hair. "to kill my shackles — our shackles."

the apostle's shackle; the worshipped archon in liyue, rex lapis. however, in order to get rid of him, she needed to clear out every signs of hinderance and potential obstacles. that included his underlings, the fellow adeptus.

"find xiao. prove me your worth is something that should be kept." slowly, swirls of cryo breeze fluttered around her. giving a last smile, the apostle carcasses ganyu's porcelain cheeks with her slender and frozen fingertips. "then, i await for good news my dearest."

defying teyvat's quantum laws, the apostle broke through the barrier of beyond — teleportation. beyond capabilities of what mortals and even archons could do; she opposed the waves and particles of matter whilst maintaining structure, before returning once again, in front of the eyes of signora and childe within the northland bank resided by liyue.

"finally, you've arrived."

"signora." nodding her head in approval and acknowledgement, the apostle was immediately embraced with the scent of overwhelming mora. "tartaglia! great to see you~"

the ginger haired teen grunted. although both of them had a horrible, and perhaps not the best first impressions, it was a given to respect one another for each other's abilities given that they were accomplices, as well as a fellow harbinger of the same status.

"enough with the chit-chattering." with a stern glare, as always, the fair lady lifted her chin up in the air. purity, they were to bring cleanliness towards the tainted teyvat. "dame, it's about time you left your beloved."

"my lover?" a tattered, dissonant voice strummed. love, an interesting emotion that the apostle had long forgotten; something that once brought joy — nothing but mere hallucinations of what people labelled to be: affection. "signora, don't be absurd!"

although she; who was once in love, no longer existed. now, the apostle stood as someone who would love under contractual circumstances.

"i don't think i've ever been in love."

she, who once a delicately crafted soul, now grazed the path of heaven with a poisonous stench of death.

a silent pause. it was clearly a lie; deceit and foul words that spewed out of her mouth as if it were second nature. though, it was a survival skill to overcome and block the obscene ideology and ability to love.

"so venti didn't mean much to you?" a hoarse voice interrupted. aggressively, the apostle whipped her head around, before scowling as she scrunched her nose. "a pleasant day to meet you once again."

"rex lapis." her teeth seethed out the vile name as the crown of her molars grinded against each other. "indeed, it has been awhile."

the apostle's blood boiled. something within her wanted to peel the skin and scales off his body, ripping it brutally — yet with a scherzando demeanour — before draping his luxurious and grand remains over herself as a sign of dominance. a worthy trophy in the eyes of beholder.

her once warm gaze, never felt so cold. but to him; her cold gaze would always feel warm.

"nothing in the world ever lasts." scoffing, the apostle swatted his arms away. the stench, an unbearable stare that penetrated through her soul felt remorseful. "you should know that."

"i do." he placed his arms around her shoulder. a fine disciple she was. but he was a fool for getting deceived by her words of trickery. "but why are you going such great lengths to end what we've created?"

and all at once, she was silent. and all at once, war became peace.

"because i lost myself trying to please you." like a cherubim that fell upon the sky, the apostle sighed a hefty tune, before planting a tender peck onto his filthy hand. "regardless, i'll kiss your throne. your title, over my life."

"to be ethical, inhale the pride?"

"nonetheless." as if the obvious, she rolled her eyes. a fool, the apostle declared in her mind if another line of absurdity and stupidity were to be uttered out, she'd forcefully rip their throats with her bare hands. "i'd bite my thumb to declare war against you."

"pleasant, what not." rex lapis answered. it was as if the pair of master-disciple had bad blood that boiled within them; violent vigor clashes between a war of words created tides of ripples that crippled the lovely atmosphere with distaste. "i dare you, bite it and swear your name."   

"let not light witness my deep desire of death." remember, to always hide her true intentions. it wouldn't be a sight if others were discover her evil deeds, though evil varied in different forms. "too much unknown entity would make others horrified to see."

"in the eyes that fears, self proclaimed thane of death." rex lapis paused for a moment. death, he somewhat understood the concept that lied behind it — an eternal slumber — similar to his beloved; gui zhong. "aren't you scared of what lies ahead?"

"what is there to be afraid?" the apostle's foot violently crushed onto the fragile and delicate soil of teyvat. the crunch of the stifling grass tore the peaceful atmosphere of peace. "i reign over the realm above withal."

gracefully, her gracious footwork left non-visible imprints onto the ground. with cunning fingers that slithered across the collar of her former master who she had respected; lacing across the silky smooth fabric before her hand grasped onto it.

"and soon, you will be reigned over."

with blood bath, for death — she would kiss her sword.

━━━━━

( CHAPTER XIV )