𝕸𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐢𝐢𝐢 ━━━━━

"dear oh me! a shame indeed~"

the twisted concept and ideology of power was coming to an end; and in fact, it excited the apostle. her blood boiled in vigour, red cells clashed against each other in utmost violence, yet there was peace.

she just couldn't wait for the fall of teyvat.

"hm~ i wonder how barbatos is faring?" humming, the apostle giddily skipped and stride along the muddled path. her legs kicked onto the dirt, swooped, hit, dragged — various motions that evidently portrayed her inner childishness that resided within her soul. "how annoying. with the need of constantly monitoring him."

in the apostle's eyes, a marionette without its master was worthless. similar to a dog without an owner — over time, they become savage brutes, rowdy; over time, they become free — which of course is considered to be an unacceptable behaviour.

skip, hop, leap.

a tranquil silent atmosphere was filled with the humorous laughs of the apostle. a suffocating and deafening surrounding that was filled with her harmonious breath; acting as some sort of ripple amongst the silence.

"ah, who is he to blame?" letting out an airy sigh that held onto unwanted burdens, the apostle couldn't help but tense up her shoulders. "hm~ it's been awhile, how have you been guizhong?"

guizhong, a name so familiar yet so foreign when her tongue pronounced it.

"in the field of glaze lilies where you took your last breath." the apostle's eyes glued onto the beautiful flowers. reminiscing the past; though, she was unsure whether it'd be considered to be a good or bad memory. "when my hands were drenched in your red sins."

"truly, the last time you stood here, you were breathtakingly gorgeous."

time; an incurable disease. some say that time heals wounds, time tends a broken heart, time is a virtue that wealth cannot buy. however, the existence of time itself is flawed. a fake, fraudulent feigning being that was created by mortals. a man-made artificial materialistic thing.

and of course, there are times where the apostle wished that time was a living being. she wanted to strangle and give it a gruesome death as she could slowly watch it struggle in the vainglorious achievements it has earned every time it ticked by.

"you know, we would've been great accomplices if you were alive." with a haughty laugh, as if ignorance feigned over the apostle, her lips tugged into a subtle smile. "i apologise for causing your departure to be a non-climatic one."

the apostle could still vividly remember the time when her hand plunged into guizhong's chest. thump, thump  — with the irregular rhythms of her pulse getting softer, and softer.

and stopped.

"ah the irony! how i was assigned to protect you yet i killed you with my very own hands."

"well, not like it matters anyways~ i just came here to give my respects." clasping her hands into a prayer posture, the apostle knelt down upon the field. although god, was dead in her world, it felt comforting, like a sort of action to repent for her actions. "y'know, i'm really afraid of life."

death didn't scare the apostle. at times, it did. but  if she were dead, she wouldn't have known about life. because life is short, but death is something that lingered around since the beginning of eternity.

"and i will wound myself just like how i wounded you."

perhaps, this was why people called life an art.

life is the art of dying.