CHAPTER SIX.

the existence of the apostle herself brought magic within the dull teyvat. a fairy — at first glance, people would mistakenly label her as a mythical winged creature whose wings was made of crystal that descended from the moon, dusted off with a gist of pixie dust, and of course, her ever so dainty appearance — only if they saw her at least.

but don't be fooled by her! crafted by the finest trickery and cunningness, every breath she took was a prosperous deception that further benefitted her.

the piety apostle squinted her eyelids as the bright luminescent light illuminated her hollow yet crystalline hues. the sun, an annoyingly radiant creature that defied the moon. naturally, they were incompatible with one another — like fire and water.

"greetings to her royal highness, empress tsarista." the apostle greeted, giving a curt nod of respect towards her current god. she wasn't a religious, yet, who was she to say? gods held an authority that she craved for, the power to lead their people to utopia. "may peace and eternity be blessed upon you."

a place where peace is eternal, indeed a blessing that everyone could pray for. yet, when she was war, none could hear her calls. silent screams of agony that she clawed out of her lungs and mind — please, i want to live — but it has been too long for her to remember the reason of living.

ah, she was a naive girl. to live within a world where peace existed. what delusional thoughts about life.

"i suppose you know why i've called you." empress tsarista hung her eyes down upon the apostle. indeed, a gifted specimen, she would say. the apostle was naturally talented, as her veins coexisted in a harmony that none could understand, holding the capacity to go beyond a god. but yet, the apostle still remained. "i hope you've reflected upon your actions upon your suspension. although you've endured many grievances upon yourself, it doesn't mean you are to disrespect the latest harbinger."

"but ajax?" the apostle questioned, as she raised her brows. a boy lost in winter, as he took on an unimaginable battle — yet, he didn't fully embrace the idea of the fatui. with peace, of course he would. but violence was an option he would rather avoid. "you know that he would betray us if we don't satisfy the conditions."

"are you implying that we will fail?" tsarista raised her voice, as the surrounding atmosphere was coated with harsh cryo particles that vigorously swirled around. "then why are you even here?"

the apostle remained silent, however a smile was plastered across her porcelain doll-like face. a silent threat as she challenged god — do you dare — which of course, tsarista daren't offend the sacrosanct being.

"our goal is to burn away the old world," sighing, tsarista flicked her fingers, as the mini chaotic phase slowly faded away. "and restore peace within celestia once more."

a random question that arose out of pure curiosity in the apostle's mind, a genuine question that came from heart. a once in a lifetime occurrence that piqued her interest.

"without any love left for people?"

the piety apostle was wondering herself, why had she asked such? was it the influence of the fickle bard, or perhaps, was it what sympathy felt like?

"what nonsense..." she mumbled to herself, disregarding the thought of barbatos. a disgraceful example, she shan't let such a god taint her soul. he was once her lover, her god, her world, but not anymore.

now, tsarista was empress for a reason — immediately noticing the apostle's doubtful mind. tsarista was someone who valued her people, someone who threw away their emotions, locked within, in order to achieve peace. a cold, stoic demeanour that was once a lively and vulnerable archon.

how pathetic.

she noticed the piety apostle's indistinct voice, before she stifled a momentary smile. ah, so the apostle did meet the fickle bard. it seemed that he was getting slightly in the way, and tsarista needed to get rid of him, as soon before he taints her beloved apostle with an unnecessary ardour.

should she give him a painless death?

"they will learn how to do that themselves once more."

it was a pity, the apostle was someone — in tsarista's eyes — that would sacrifice the universe for herself. she would do anything in order to save her life, and destroy teyvat alongside the abyssal stars.

she was once a mortal that loved. a mortal that felt grief, pain, sorrow, happiness. and that was why the piety apostle remained as an adepti, rather than advancing into a concept that even god couldn't achieve.

the apostle was just a soul that was scared of herself.

"these people don't even love you as their god. they see you as hope." the apostle laughed, sniggering at her empress's absurd idea. people loving without knowing what love is? alas, they wouldn't even last a generation! "and you expect them to somehow love?"

"perhaps." innocently batting her eyes, tsarista gave an innocent smirk, pulling her lips towards both ends. observing the sacred apostle — a being that neither embraced a vision or delusion — tsarista couldn't help but wonder, what was going on in the apostle's world. "you know, you can't call yourself a human nor a god."

"i know." giggling, the apostle sighed as she tilted her head. motioning her fingers towards the empress, her eyes slanted alongside her lips that slowly parted into a smile. "and neither should you."

but from what tsarista could conclude, the only soul in the apostle's wonderland that existed was herself. her, and only her.

ah, wasn't she a little too selfish?

"then if we aren't either of them, what are we?" tsarista let out a vain laugh. how amusing; she finally remembered why she chose the apostle as her second-hand person. someone who would sacrifice the universe for themselves, a cunning and cruel being that mercilessly puppeteered and manipulated gods without a second glance. hell, tsarista wouldn't be surprised if the apostle predicted this very moment was going to happen! "do we even belong in celestia?"

"we don't." the apostle let out a condescending sigh, pitches of melodies that dwelled within the air. "we don't belong."

neither gods or celestial beings could reside in teyvat without war coexisting. another was always bound to occur, again, again, all over again. but why?

"and perhaps, we aren't even supposed to be alive."

where do they belong, in a world filled with lies?

━━━━

( CHAPTER  VI )